Match No. 1 - Saturday, 30th November 1872, 2:15pm
- Football MilestoneThe first ever international football match.
- Kick-off TimeScotland "won the toss, and selected the northern goal, thereby gaining the advantage of a slight elevation in the field". "...The strangers [England] kicked off at quarter-past two."
- UmpiresUmpires were CW Alcock for England & HN Smith for Scotland and William Keay as referee.
- Change of EndsIn early internationals the teams changed ends after each goal. They also changed ends at half time if the match was scoreless.
- England KeeperBecause of the unavailablity of first choice keeper Alex Morten, Barker keep goal during the first half and Maynard in the second.
- Match MilestoneEngland's 1st Match
- Player MilestoneRobert Barker's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneErnest Harwood Greenhalgh's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneReginald Courtenay Welch's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneFrederick Chappell's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneWilliam Maynard's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneJohn Brockbank's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneCharlie Clegg's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneArnold Kirke Smith's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneCuthbert Ottaway's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneCharley Chenery's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneCharles Morice's Only Cap
- The Scotsman "International (Association) Match, England v. Scotland", Monday 2nd December 1872, Page 6
- London Evening Standard "Football - England v. Scotland", Monday 2nd December 1872, Page 4
- Press Association reprinted in 10 other publications.
- Association Football in Victorian England by Philip Gibbons (Minerva Press 2001) page 36.
- Bell's Life in London and Sporting Chronicle Monday, 2nd December 1872, page 6
- Glasgow Herald "International Football Match at Glasgow England v Scotland", Monday, 2nd December 1872, page 13.
- Manchester Guardian "International Football Match at Glasgow", Monday, 2nd December 1872, page 4.
- Sheffield and Rotherham Independent "Football - England v Scotland", Monday 2nd December 1872, page 4.