Match No. 2 - Saturday, 8th March 1873, 3:00pm
- "...scarcely a minute had elapsed ere it was sent between their goal posts by Kenyon-Slaney." William Kenyon-Slaney1st of 2 goals, 2'
- "Ends were changed [after the first goal], and very soon Bonsor secured another victory for the English eleven..." Alexander BonsorOnly Goal, 7'
- "...Kenyon-Slaney, getting the ball to himself near the Scotch goal, again scored." William Kenyon-Slaney2nd of 2 goals, 50'
- "Before time was called, Chenery secured another for England..." Charley CheneryOnly Goal, 75' ?
- Alexander MortenCrystal Palace (A), Only Cap
41 years, 3 months, 23 days (c)1st captaincy
- Robert VidalOxford University, Only Cap
20 years, 1 month, 5 days
- Charley CheneryCrystal Palace (A), 2nd of 3 caps
23 years, 2 months, 7 days
- William CleggSheffield Wed, 1st of 2 caps
20 years, 10 months, 17 days
- Hubert HeronWanderers, 1st of 5 caps
21 years, 1 month, 9 days
- Henry Renny-Tailyour 15' ?
- William Gibb, 20'
- Robert GardnerRobert Gardner.
Born 31st Mar 1847, Glasgow.
- William KerWilliam Ker.
Born 21st Mar 1852, Edinburgh.
- Joseph TaylorJoseph Taylor.
Born 16th Dec 1850, Dunoon.
- William GibbWilliam Gibb.
Date of birth unknown, Scotland.
- Robert SmithRobert Smith.
Born 1st May 1848, Aberdeen.
- Billy MacKinnonWilliam Muir MacKinnon.
Born 18th Jan 1952, Glasgow.
- Henry Renny-TailyourHenry Waugh Renny-Tailyour.
Born 9th Oct 1849, Mussoorie, India.
- Arthur KinnairdArthur Fitzgerald Kinnaird, 11th Lord Kinnaird.
Born 16th Feb 1847, Kensington, London.
- John BlackburnColonel John Edward Blackburn.
Born 30th Apr 1851, Scotland.
- James ThomsonJames John Thomson.
Born 25th Dec 1851, Annan.
- David WotherspoonDavid Wotherspoon.
Born 9th Apr 1849, Hamilton.
- Match InfoTeams changed ends after each goal but not at half time.
- UmpiresUmpires were CW Alcock for England & A Rae for Scotland. Referee T Lloyd.
- Player MilestoneAlexander Morten's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneErnest Harwood Greenhalgh's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneLeonard Howell's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneAlfred Goodwyn's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneRobert Vidal's Only Cap
- Player MilestonePelham George von Donop's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneWilliam Clegg's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneAlexander Bonsor's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneWilliam Kenyon-Slaney's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneHubert Heron's 1st Cap
- Goal MilestoneWilliam Kenyon-Slaney's 1st Goal
- Goal MilestoneAlexander Bonsor's 1st Goal
- Goal MilestoneCharley Chenery's 1st Goal
- London Evening Standard "England v Scotland (Association)", Saturday 8th March 1873, page 3
- Press Association "The International Football (Association) Match. England v Scotland.", Monday 10th March 1873, page 3
- Manchester Evening News "International Football Match", Monday 10th March 1873, page 4
- The Morning Post "International Football Match", Monday 10th March 1873, page 3
- Bell's Life in London and Sporting Chronicle "The International Football Match", Monday 10th March 1873
- Association Football in Victorian England by Philip Gibbons (Minerva Press 2001) page 37.
- The Observer "England against Scotland", Sunday, 9th March 1873, page 5
- Glasgow Herald "The International Football Match", Monday, 10th March 1873, page 5.
- Theodore Lloyd
- No change in rank, gaining 11 ranking points to 2014 points England - 1st
- Scotland - 2nd