Match No. 5 - Saturday, 4th March 1876, 3:30pm
- Billy MacKinnon, 8'
- Henry McNeil 11' ?
- Thomas Highet, 35'
- Alex McGeochAlexander McGeoch.
Born 10th Mar 1854, Scotland.
- Joseph TaylorJoseph Taylor.
Born 16th Dec 1850, Dunoon.
- John HunterJohn Hunter.
Date of birth unknown.
- Alex McLintockAlexander McLintock.
Born 1853, Alexandria.
- Sandy KennedyAlexander Kennedy.
Date of birth unknown, Dalquhurn.
- Henry McNeilHenry McNeil.
Born 1853, Scotland.
- Billy MacKinnonWilliam Muir MacKinnon.
Born 18th Jan 1952, Glasgow.
- Thomas HighetThomas Cochrane Highet.
Born 1853, Ayr.
- William MillerWilliam Miller.
Date of birth unknown, Scotland.
- John FergusonJohn Ferguson.
Born 1848, Scotland.
- John BairdJohn Campbell Baird.
Born 27th Jul 1856, Scotland.
- Arthur SavageCrystal Palace (A), Only Cap
25 years, 4 months, 17 days
- Fred GreenWanderers, Only Cap
24 years, 8 months, 13 days
- Edgar FieldClapham, 1st of 2 caps
21 years, 7 months, 6 days
- Beaumont JarrettCambridge Uni, 1st of 3 caps
20 years, 7 months, 17 days
- Hubert HeronWanderers, 4th of 5 caps
24 years, 1 month, 5 days
Forward (c)1st captaincy
- Arthur CurshamNotts County, 1st of 6 caps
22 years, 11 month, 21 day
- Frank HeronWanderers, Only Cap
22 years, 5 months, 24 days
- William Maynard1st Surrey Rifles, 2nd of 2 caps
22 years, 11 month, 17 days
- Match InfoThe first match which included a half time interval. Previously teams changed ends after each goal.
- UmpiresUmpires were Francis Arthur Marindin (England) & J.C. Mackay (Scotland).
- Player MilestoneArthur Savage's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneFred Green's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneEdgar Field's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneErnest Bambridge's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneBeaumont Jarrett's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneArthur Cursham's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneFrank Heron's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneCharles Eastlake Smith's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneWalter Buchanan's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneWilliam Maynard's Last Cap
- Manchester Courier and Lancashire General Advertiser "International Football match at Glasgow", Monday 6th March 1876, page 8
- Sheffield Daily Telegraph "Football. England v Scotland", Monday 6th March 1876, page 4
- Sheffield and Rotherham Independent "The International Football Match", Monday 6th March 1876, page 4
- Association Football in Victorian England by Philip Gibbons (Minerva Press 2001) page 46.
- Manchester Guardian "Football - England v Scotland", Monday, 6th March 1876, page 7.
- Glasgow Herald "International (Association) Football Match at Glasgow", Monday 6th March, page 5.
- Scotland Wliiam C Mitchell
- Down 1 place, losing -13 ranking points to 1990 points England - 2nd - 1
- Scotland - 1st