Match No. 5 - Saturday, 4th March 1876, 3:30pm
- Billy MacKinnon, 8'
- Henry McNeil 11' ?
- Thomas Highet, 35'
- Match InfoThe first match which included a half time interval. Previously teams changed ends after each goal.
- UmpiresUmpires were Francis Arthur Marindin (England) & J.C. Mackay (Scotland).
- Player MilestoneArthur Savage's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneFred Green's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneEdgar Field's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneErnest Bambridge's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneBeaumont Jarrett's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneArthur Cursham's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneFrank Heron's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneCharles Eastlake Smith's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneWalter Buchanan's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneWilliam Maynard's Last Cap
- Manchester Courier and Lancashire General Advertiser "International Football match at Glasgow", Monday 6th March 1876, page 8
- Sheffield Daily Telegraph "Football. England v Scotland", Monday 6th March 1876, page 4
- Sheffield and Rotherham Independent "The International Football Match", Monday 6th March 1876, page 4
- Association Football in Victorian England by Philip Gibbons (Minerva Press 2001) page 46.
- Manchester Guardian "Football - England v Scotland", Monday, 6th March 1876, page 7.
- Glasgow Herald "International (Association) Football Match at Glasgow", Monday 6th March, page 5.
- Wliiam C Mitchell
- England - 2nd - 1
- Scotland - 1st