Match No. 6 - Saturday, 3rd March 1877, 3:00pm
- John Ferguson, 25'
- James Richmond 48' ?
- John Ferguson, 69'
- UmpiresThe umpires were William Dick for Scotland and Hurbert Heron for England.
- Disallowed GoalAccording to the Glasgow Herald "...[at the score of 3-1, an England goal was] after some little altercation, disallowed on the ground that the ball had not been thrown in straight from touch. A free-kick was given to Scotland...".
- Player MilestoneMonty Betts' Only Cap
- Player MilestoneWilliam Lindsay's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneLindsay Bury's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneWilliam Rawson's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneAlfred Lyttelton's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneCecil Wingfield-Stratford's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneJohn Bain's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneBilly Mosforth's 1st Cap
- Goal MilestoneAlfred Lyttelton's 1st Goal
- The Times "Sporting Intelligence", Monday 5th March 1877, Page 8
- The Morning Post "Football. England v Scotland", Monday 5th March 1877, page 2
- Glasgow Herald "Scotland and England", Monday 5th March 1877, page 5
- Association Football in Victorian England by Philip Gibbons (Minerva Press 2001) page 48.
- Sheffield and Rotherham Independent "The International (Association) Match", Monday 5th March 1877, page 4.
- Robert AMM Ogilvie
- England - 2nd
- Scotland - 1st