Match No. 6 - Saturday, 3rd March 1877, 3:00pm
- "With desperate energy the English forwards followed up their kick off, and a hard fight took place under the Scottish posts, terminating in a goal for England by Lyttelton, the ball grazing the bar as it went through." Alfred LytteltonOnly Goal. , 55' ?
- Monty BettsOld Harrovians, Only Cap
29 years, 6 months, 4 days
- Lindsay BuryCambridge Uni, 1st of 2 caps
19 years, 7 months, 25 days
- William RawsonOxford University, 2nd of 2 caps
22 years, 4 months, 20 days
Half Back (c)1st captaincy
- Beaumont JarrettCambridge Uni, 2nd of 3 caps
21 years, 7 months, 16 days
- Arthur CurshamNotts County, 2nd of 6 caps
23 years, 11 month, 20 days
- John BainOxford University, Only Cap
22 years, 7 months, 19 days
- Billy MosforthSheffield Wed, 1st of 9 caps
18 years, 2 months, 1 day
- John Ferguson, 25'
- James Richmond 48' ?
- John Ferguson, 69'
- Alex McGeochAlexander McGeoch.
Born 10th Mar 1854, Scotland.
- Robert NeillRobert Walker Neill.
Born 11th Sep 1853, Scotland.
- Tom VallanceThomas Vallance.
Born 27th May 1856, Renton.
- Charles CampbellCharles Campbell.
Born 1854, Coupar Angus.
- James PhillipsJames Phillips.
Date of birth unknown.
- James RichmondJames Richmond.
Born 22nd Mar 1858, Glasgow.
- Billy MacKinnonWilliam Muir MacKinnon.
Born 18th Jan 1952, Glasgow.
- John McGregorJohn McGregor.
Born 1851, Scotland.
- John McDougallJohn McDougall.
Born 1853, Scotland.
- John SmithJohn Smith.
Born 12th Aug 1855, Mauchline.
- John FergusonJohn Ferguson.
Born 1848, Scotland.
- UmpiresThe umpires were William Dick for Scotland and Hurbert Heron for England.
- Disallowed GoalAccording to the Glasgow Herald "...[at the score of 3-1, an England goal was] after some little altercation, disallowed on the ground that the ball had not been thrown in straight from touch. A free-kick was given to Scotland...".
- Player MilestoneMonty Betts' Only Cap
- Player MilestoneWilliam Lindsay's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneLindsay Bury's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneWilliam Rawson's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneAlfred Lyttelton's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneCecil Wingfield-Stratford's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneJohn Bain's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneBilly Mosforth's 1st Cap
- Goal MilestoneAlfred Lyttelton's 1st Goal
- The Times "Sporting Intelligence", Monday 5th March 1877, Page 8
- The Morning Post "Football. England v Scotland", Monday 5th March 1877, page 2
- Glasgow Herald "Scotland and England", Monday 5th March 1877, page 5
- Association Football in Victorian England by Philip Gibbons (Minerva Press 2001) page 48.
- Sheffield and Rotherham Independent "The International (Association) Match", Monday 5th March 1877, page 4.
- Robert AMM Ogilvie
- No change in rank, losing -18 ranking points to 1972 points England - 2nd
- Scotland - 1st