- We are striving to make sure that all data on Englandstats is from verified contemporary sources. We are working to verify all our sources and provide source notes as soon as we can. Currently 97.76% of 2231 pages are verified with one source and 53.03% are verified with two or more sources.
England v Czech Republic Preview
Euro 2020 Qualifying Group A
- Following on from a frenetic 2018, which saw 17 matches, England's leisurely spring calendar will cough up its only two fixtures on Friday and the following Monday with visits by Czech Republic and a trip to Montenegro respectively. In fact, Gareth Southgate and his boys only have a total of four games in the first eight months of 2019. Although, one of them could be the inaugural Nations League final in June. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. The Czechs and Montenegrins probably represent the toughest opponents in Euro 2020 qualifying group A as the Three Lions attempt to qualify by the easiest route of several open to them. A guaranteed playoff spot is the "get out of jail free" card should they fail to negotiate at least second in a group which also incudes Bulgaria and Kosovo.
The Czech's are currently 44th in FIFA's World Rankings and last played England in a friendly in August 2008 when a stoppage time Joe Cole goal saved Fabio Capello's blushes. As Czechoslovakia their last win against England was in 1975 when they prevailed 2-1 in Bratislava.
- Posted: 19th March 2019 4:57am
England well placed for Euro 2020 qualification
Simulations suggest 92% chance
- Our friends at www.football-rankings.info have recently run 10,000 simulations to determine the probability of qualification to Euro 2020. England have a 92.25% chance of making the final tounament with a 87.4% chance of qualifying directly and a 4.85% chance of making it via the playoffs. France, Belgium, Spain, Germany, Portugal and Croatia also have a >90% of doing the same. The simulations were compiled using the complete match schedule of Euro 2020 qualifying including the play-offs in March 2020 for the last four spots.
- Posted: 12th December 2018 12:41pm
England play Netherlands
Nation League semi-final
- England have drawn Netherlands in the semi-final of the inaugural Nations League. The game will be played in Guimarães, Portugal on 6th June 2019. Should Englnad prevail they will meet either Portugal or Switzerland on 9th June in Porto.
- Posted: 3rd December 2018 1:48pm
1000th Game at Wembley
Fixtures list reveals Montenegro
- England will play their 1000th international when Montenegro visit Wembley on Thursday 14th November 2019.
- Posted: 3rd December 2018 10:28am
Euro 2020 Qualifying Draw
England's Eastern Experience
- England will be traveling to the old Eastern Bloc for Euro 2020 qualifying having been drawn with Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Montenegro and Kosovo in Group A. Matches will start in March 2019 and will be completed by November 2019.
- Posted: 2nd December 2018 12:09pm