Welcome to englandstats
- We are striving to make sure that all data on Englandstats is derived from verified contemporary sources. Our aim is to have at least two contemporary sources for each match. Currently:
100.00% of 2,267 match and player pages are verified with one source.
56.00% of 2,267 match and player pages are verified with two or more sources.
59.56% of 1009 matches are verified with one or more contemporary sources.
We currently have 5,235 sources.
June Friendlies Announced
Home games against Austria and Romania
- The FA have announced two friendlies in early June as England's warm-up for the delayed Euro 2020. Whilst the venues have not been confirmed yet, the Three Lions will face Austria on 2nd June and Romania 4 days later. Austria qualified for the finals as group G runner-up behind Poland whilst Romania missed out after finishing fourth in group F. Both will be excellent foils as England prepare to face Czech Republic, Croatia and Scotland.
Romania are one of only five teams that have a better head-to-head record over England and their meeting in June will be the first for 21 years since Romania knocked England out of Euro 2000 with a late Ganea penalty. Phil Neville look away now!
Posted: 4th February 2021 7:14am
World Cup 2022 Qualifying
Old friends meet again
- Nothing new in today's World Cup draw as England were confirmed in Group I with Poland, Hungary, Albania, Andorra and San Marino, all of whom England have met before at this stage. Poland are the oldest of frenemies at the 7th time of asking. For both Albania and San Marino it will be the third time, whilst Hungary & Andorra the second. That's 24 previous World Cup qualifying meetings for England with this group. England should be well versed and well scouted.
First matches are due to start in March 2021.
Posted: 7th December 2020 6:06pm
World Cup 2022 Draw
Monday 7th December 2020
- The European section of the 2020 World Cup draw will tke place in Zurich on 7th December 2020 6pm (5pm UK time). England, thanks to their World Ranking of four, will be seeded and in Pot 1 and will be most probably in a group of six teams. Best case scenarios include Romania, Finland, Luxembourg, Andorra and San Marino. Worst case: Switzerland/Wales/Poland, Russia, Bosnia and Herzegovina. We'll know more on Monday.
Posted: 3rd December 2020 10:51am
November Triple Header
Ireland, Belgium and Iceland
- England take on Republic of Ireland, Belgium and Iceland this coming week whilst we will also find out the final group opponent for England at Euro 2020. Firstly, the Three Lions will play Ireland at Wembley on Thursday in a hastily rearranged friendly match - England were due to play New Zealand, but they dropped out last month citing COVID restrictions. England haven't beaten Ireland since 1985 with the last five out of six games draws.
On Sunday, England travel to Brussels to play the return fixture against Belgium in UEFA's Nations League. England won 2-1 in London in October.
The final game is against Iceland and at time of writing the venue is still in doubt. The match was planned to take place at Wembley but due to new COVID restrictions on travel from Denmark - Iceland play there on Sunday - the game has been put into doubt. Germany and Albania could be potential alternatives.
Meanwhile Serbia host Scotland in the Euro2020 playoff on Thursday to decide which team will complete Group D at Euro 2020 along with England, Czech Republic and Croatia.
Posted: 12th November 2020 7:15am
October Triple Header
Wales, Belgium and Denmark visit Wembley.
- Thursday's friendly match against Wales will be the first England match at Wembley since 14th November last year when Montenegro were thrashed 7-0 in Euro 20 qualifying. This, the 103rd meeting between the two old rivals and the first since Euro '16 when England prevailed with a stoppage time winner in Lens.
Sunday's game sees top ranked side Belgium visit as we head back to the UEFA Nations League. Again, England's last meeting with Belgium was in a major tournament but this time it ended 2-0 to Belgium in the 3rd place playoff of the Russian 2018 World Cup.
In the Nations League so far, England are unbeaten after a last minute win in Iceland and a draw in Denmark who will be the third team to visit on Wednesday for their reverse fixture.
Posted: 8th October 2020 7:42am