Match No. 9 - Saturday, 5th April 1879, circa 4:20pm
- Billy MacKinnon, 25'
- John McDougall 30' ?
- John Smith 35' ?
- Billy MacKinnon 42' ?
- Kick-off TimeDue to kick off a 4pm but reports suggest it was anytime between then and 4:20pm. The Times suggests ten past four, Leeds Mercury 4:20pm whilst The Sheffield Independent is very specific in stating 4:18pm. Scotland won the toss and England captain Wace kicked-off against the wind.
- Disallowed GoalsAccording to the Morning Post their were no fewer than four disallowed goals, two for each team. All for offside.
- UmpiresR.B. Colquhoun (Scotland) and A. F. Kinnaird (England)
- Player MilestoneReg Birkett's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneEdward Christian's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneHarold Morse's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneJames Prinsep's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneArthur Goodyer's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneArnold Hills' Only Cap
- Player MilestoneHenry Wace's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneFrancis Sparks' 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneCharlie Bambridge's 1st Cap
- Goal MilestoneBilly Mosforth's 1st Goal
- Goal MilestoneCharlie Bambridge's 1st Goal
- Goal MilestoneArthur Goodyer's 1st Goal
- Goal MilestoneNorman Bailey's 1st Goal
- Association Football in Victorian England by Philip Gibbons (Minerva Press 2001) page 56.
- The Morning Post "England v Scotland", Monday 7th April 1879, page 3.
- Leeds Mercury "The International Footbal Match - England v Scotland", Monday 7th April 1879, page 4.
- Sheffield Daily Telegraph "England v Scotland", Monday 7th April 1879, page 4.
- Sheffield and Rotherham Independent "England v Scotland. Brilliant play of Mosforth.", Monday 7th April 1879, page 4.
- The Times "Football", Monday 7th April 1879, page 11
- Charles Wollaston
- England - 2nd
- Scotland - 1st