Match No. 7 - Saturday, 2nd March 1878, 3:30pm
- John McDougall, 7'
- John McGregor, 27'
- Henry McNeil <45
- Thomas Highet <45
- John McDougall, 46'
- Billy MacKinnon, 51'
- Henry McNeil 70' ?
- Robert GardnerRobert Gardner.
Born 31st Mar 1847, Glasgow.
- Andrew McIntyreAndrew McIntyre.
Born 9th Aug 1855, Bonhill.
- Tom VallanceThomas Vallance.
Born 27th May 1856, Renton.
- Charles CampbellCharles Campbell.
Born 1854, Coupar Angus.
- Sandy KennedyAlexander Kennedy.
Date of birth unknown, Dalquhurn.
- James RichmondJames Richmond.
Born 22nd Mar 1858, Glasgow.
- Billy MacKinnonWilliam Muir MacKinnon.
Born 18th Jan 1952, Glasgow.
- John McGregorJohn McGregor.
Born 1851, Scotland.
- John McDougallJohn McDougall.
Born 1853, Scotland.
- Thomas HighetThomas Cochrane Highet.
Born 1853, Ayr.
- Henry McNeilHenry McNeil.
Born 1853, Scotland.
- "The English now rallied a little and after a combined rush by the forwards Wace kicked their first goal for them." Henry WaceOnly Goal. , 66' ?
- Arthur Cursham1st of 2 goals. , 85' ?
- Jack HunterSheffield Heeley, 1st of 7 caps
25 years, 9 months, 1 day
- Norman BaileyClapham, 1st of 19 caps
20 years, 7 months, 10 days
- Arthur CurshamNotts County, 3rd of 6 caps
24 years, 11 month, 19 days (c)1st captaincy
- Henry WaceWanderers, 1st of 3 caps
24 years, 5 months, 11 day
- John WylieWanderers, Only Cap
23 years, 4 months, 28 days
- Hubert HeronWanderers, 5th of 5 caps
26 years, 1 month, 3 days
- Player InjurySometime after the score reached 6-1 Vallance was injured and had the retire from the game. Scotland played on with 10 men.
- Player MilestoneConrad Warner's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneEdward Lyttelton's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneJack Hunter's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneNorman Bailey's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneBeaumont Jarrett's Last Cap
- Player MilestonePercy Fairclough's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneHenry Wace's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneJohn Wylie's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneHubert Heron's Last Cap
- Goal MilestoneHenry Wace's 1st Goal
- Goal MilestoneArthur Cursham's 1st Goal
- The Times "Sporting Intelligence", Monday March 4th 1878, Page 8
- Evening Telegraph "International Match in Glasgow", Monday 4th March 1878, page 4
- Edinburgh Evening News "International Match at Glasgow", Monday 4th March 1878, page 2
- London Evening Standard "England v Scotland", Monday 4th March 1878, page 3
- Association Football in Victorian England by Philip Gibbons (Minerva Press 2001) page 50.
- The Morning Post "Football - England v Scotland", Monday 4th March 1878, page 2.
- Sheffield and Rotherham Independent "England v Scotland", Monday 4th March 1878, page 4.
- Scotland William A Dick
- No change in rank, losing -11 ranking points to 1961 points England - 2nd
- Scotland - 1st