Match No. 7 - Saturday, 2nd March 1878, 3:30pm
- John McDougall, 7'
- John McGregor, 27'
- Henry McNeil <45
- Thomas Highet <45
- John McDougall, 46'
- Billy MacKinnon, 51'
- Henry McNeil 70' ?
- Tom Vallance
- Player InjurySometime after the score reached 6-1 Vallance was injured and had the retire from the game. Scotland played on with 10 men.
- Player MilestoneConrad Warner's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneEdward Lyttelton's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneJack Hunter's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneNorman Bailey's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneBeaumont Jarrett's Last Cap
- Player MilestonePercy Fairclough's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneHenry Wace's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneJohn Wylie's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneHubert Heron's Last Cap
- Goal MilestoneHenry Wace's 1st Goal
- Goal MilestoneArthur Cursham's 1st Goal
- The Times "Sporting Intelligence", Monday March 4th 1878, Page 8
- Evening Telegraph "International Match in Glasgow", Monday 4th March 1878, page 4
- Edinburgh Evening News "International Match at Glasgow", Monday 4th March 1878, page 2
- London Evening Standard "England v Scotland", Monday 4th March 1878, page 3
- Association Football in Victorian England by Philip Gibbons (Minerva Press 2001) page 50.
- The Morning Post "Football - England v Scotland", Monday 4th March 1878, page 2.
- Sheffield and Rotherham Independent "England v Scotland", Monday 4th March 1878, page 4.
- William A Dick
- England - 2nd
- Scotland - 1st