Match No. 41 - Saturday, 7th March 1891
- William RoseWolves, 5th of 5 caps
30 years, 0 months, 3 days
- Joe MarsdenDarwen, Only Cap
22 years, 4 months, 27 days
- Alf UnderwoodStoke City, 1st of 2 caps
21 years, 9 months, 6 days
- Jem BaylissWBA, Only Cap
27 years, 7 months, 6 days
- Charlie PerryWBA, 2nd of 3 caps
25 years, 2 months, 4 days
- John BrodieWolves, 3rd of 3 caps
28 years, 6 months, 8 days
- Billy BassettWBA, 6th of 16 caps
22 years, 1 month, 11 day
- George CotterillCambridge Uni, 1st of 4 caps
22 years, 11 month, 3 days
- Tinsley LindleyNotts Forest, 13th of 13 caps
25 years, 4 months, 11 day
Centre Forward (c)3rd captaincy
- Arthur HenfreyCorinthians, 1st of 5 caps
23 years, 2 months, 19 days
- Harry DaftNotts County, 4th of 5 caps
24 years, 11 month, 2 days
- Tommy Whiteside
- John ClugstonWilliam John Clugston.
Born 11th Aug 1869, Belfast.
- George ForbesGeorge Forbes.
Born 1869, Canada.
- Bob MorrisonRobert Morrison.
Born 30th Aug 1869, Greenock, Scotland.
- Alex CrawfordS. Alexander Crawford.
Born 1869, Belfast.
- Jack ReynoldsJohn Reynolds.
Born 21st Feb 1869, Blackburn.
Played eight times for England.
- Dick MooreRichard Moore.
Born 18th Jan 1867.
- Tommy WhitesideThomas Whiteside.
Born 26th Sep 1872.
- Olphie StanfieldOlphert Martin Stanfield.
Born 26th Feb 1869, Corcreaney.
- William McCabeWilliam McCabe.
Date of birth unknown.
- Bob McIlvennyJ. Robert McIlvenny.
Date of birth unknown.
- John PedenJohn Peden.
Born 12th Jul 1863, Maze, Lisburn.
- Selection InfoThe FA for the second year running drew up two teams, one amateurs, one professionals, that played matches on the same day. The amateurs played Wales while the professionals played Ireland.
- Player MilestoneWilliam Rose's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneJoe Marsden's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneAlf Underwood's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneJem Bayliss' Only Cap
- Player MilestoneJohn Brodie's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneGeorge Cotterill's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneTinsley Lindley's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneArthur Henfrey's 1st Cap
- Goal MilestoneGeorge Cotterill's 1st Goal
- Goal MilestoneArthur Henfrey's 1st Goal
- Goal MilestoneHarry Daft's 1st Goal
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade (Strategic Book Publishing and Rights Co. 2013)
- Wales Richard Thomas Gough
- No change in rank, gaining 2 ranking points to 1988 points England - 2nd
- Ireland - 3rd