Match No. 42 - Saturday, 7th March 1891
- Tom PorteousSunderland, Only Cap
25 years, 4 months, 23 days
- Albert SmithNotts Forest, 1st of 3 caps
21 years, 7 months, 15 days
- Johnny HoltEverton, 2nd of 10 caps
25 years, 10 months, 27 days
- Alf SheltonNotts County, 4th of 6 caps
25 years, 5 months, 26 days
- George BrannSwifts, 3rd of 3 caps
25 years, 10 months, 14 days
- John GoodallDerby, 5th of 14 caps
27 years, 8 months, 18 days
Inside Right (c)1st captaincy
- Jack SouthworthBlackburn, 2nd of 3 caps
24 years, 2 months, 27 days
- Edgar ChadwickEverton, 1st of 7 caps
21 years, 8 months, 23 days
- Alf MilwardEverton, 1st of 4 caps
20 years, 5 months, 25 days
- Ned Howell, 82'
- Dick TurnerRichard E Turner.
Born 1866, Wales.
- Walter EvansWalter Gwynne Evans.
Born 1867, Builth Wells.
- Seth PowellSeth Powell.
Born 1862, Wrexham.
- Billie HughesWilliam Hughes.
Born 1865, Caernarfon.
- Humphrey JonesHumphrey Percy Jones.
Born 7th Dec 1862, Bangor.
- Charlie ParryCharles Frederick Parry.
Born 1870, Llansilin, Denbighshire.
- Joe DaviesJoseph E. Davies.
Born 12th Jul 1864, Cefn Mawr.
- Billy OwenWilliam Owen.
Born 1862, Wales.
- William TurnerWilliam H Turner.
Date of birth unknown.
- Ned HowellEdmund Howell.
Born 1867, Wales.
- Billy LewisWilliam Lewis.
Born 1864, Bangor.
- Selection InfoThe FA for the second year running drew up two teams, one amateurs, one professionals, that played matches on the same day. The amateurs played Wales while the professionals played Ireland.
- Player MilestoneLeonard Wilkinson's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneTom Porteous' Only Cap
- Player MilestoneElphinstone Jackson's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneAlbert Smith's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneGeorge Brann's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneEdgar Chadwick's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneAlf Milward's 1st Cap
- Goal MilestoneEdgar Chadwick's 1st Goal
- Goal MilestoneAlf Milward's 1st Goal
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade (Strategic Book Publishing and Rights Co. 2013)
- South Wales Daily News Monday, March 9 1891, page 7.
- Scotland Thomas R Park
- No change in rank, gaining 1 ranking points to 1989 points England - 2nd
- Wales - 4th