Match No. 40 - Saturday, 5th April 1890, 3:40pm
- John McPherson 30?
- James WilsonJames Wilson.
Born 1866, Alexandria.
- Wattie ArnottWalter Arnott.
Born 12th May 1861, Govan.
- Thomas McKeownThomas Michael McKeown.
Born 24th Jan 1869, Dalmellington.
- Thomas RobertsonThomas Robertson.
Born 28th Dec 1864.
- Jimmy KellyJames Kelly.
Born 15th Oct 1865, Renton.
- James McLarenJames McLaren.
Date of birth unknown, Lugar.
- Willie GrovesPatrick William Groves.
Born 20th Aug 1868, Glasgow.
- William BerryWilliam Hall Berry.
Born 20th Aug 1867, Glasgow.
- William JohnstoneWilliam Johnstone.
Born 4th Nov 1864, Glasgow.
- John McPhersonJohn McPherson.
Born 19th Jun 1868, Kilmarknock.
Not to be confused with John McPherson (1875) nor John McPherson (1879-85).
- James McCallJames McCall.
Born 2nd Mar 1865, Renton.
- Billy MoonOld Westminsters, 6th of 7 caps
21 years, 9 months, 8 days
- Percy Melmoth WaltersOld Carthusians, 13th of 13 caps
26 years, 6 months, 5 days
Right Back (c)4th captaincy
- George HaworthAccrington FC, 5th of 5 caps
25 years, 5 months, 19 days
- Harry AllenWolves, 5th of 5 caps
24 years, 2 months, 17 days
- Alf SheltonNotts County, 3rd of 6 caps
24 years, 6 months, 24 days
- Billy BassettWBA, 5th of 16 caps
21 years, 2 months, 9 days
- Edmund CurreyOxford University, 2nd of 2 caps
21 years, 9 months, 7 days
- Tinsley LindleyNotts Forest, 12th of 13 caps
24 years, 5 months, 9 days
- Harry WoodWolves, 2nd of 3 caps
21 years, 9 months, 9 days
- Harry DaftNotts County, 3rd of 5 caps
24 years, 0 months, 0 days
- Attendance RecordNew world record attendance.
- UmpiresC. Campbell for Scotland and RP Gregson for England.
- Disputed CaptainEither AM Walters or PM Walters was captain on the day.
- Player MilestonePercy Melmoth Walters' Last Cap
- Player MilestoneArthur Melmoth Walters' Last Cap
- Player MilestoneGeorge Haworth's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneHarry Allen's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneEdmund Currey's Last Cap
- Goal MilestoneHarry Wood's 1st Goal
- The Times "Sporting Intelligence", Monday 7th April 1890, Page 10.
- Bristol Mercury "England v Scotland", Monday 7th April 1890, page 2.
- Dundee Courier and Argus "Scotland v England", Monday 7th April 1890, page 4.
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade (Strategic Book Publishing and Rights Co. 2013)
- Ireland John Reid
Between 20,000 and 30,000
- No change in rank, gaining 9 ranking points to 1986 points England - 2nd
- Scotland - 1st