Match No. 39 - Saturday, 15th March 1890, 3:30pm
British Home Championship (Home Championship 1889-90)
- Jack Reynolds, 70'
- Team SelectionThe FA decided on a policy of playing two teams on the same day. This team, made up of players from the northern professional clubs played Ireland, whilst a mixed team of gentlemen amateurs and professionals played Wales (Match 38).
- Player InfoJack Reynolds (the Irish outside left) would later appear for England on 8 occasions.
- Hat-Trick: Fred Geary1st hat-trick (9th overall). 65 minutes between first and third goals.
- Player MilestoneBob Roberts' Last Cap
- Player MilestoneDick Baugh's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneCharlie Mason's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneJohn Barton's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneCharlie Perry's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneJimmy Forrest's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneJoe Lofthouse's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneKenny Davenport's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneFred Geary's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneNat Walton's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneWilliam Townley's Last Cap
- Goal MilestoneFred Geary's 1st Goal
- Goal MilestoneWilliam Townley's 1st Goal
- Goal MilestoneKenny Davenport's 1st Goal
- Goal MilestoneJohn Barton's 1st Goal
- Player MilestoneJimmy Forrest's 1st Captaincy
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade (Strategic Book Publishing and Rights co. 2013)
- James E McKillop
Half Time Score
- England - 2nd 0
- Ireland - 5th