Match No. 38 - Saturday, 15th March 1890
- Billy Lewis, 40'
- Team SelectionThe FA decided on a policy of playing two teams on the same day. The first, a team made up of players from the northern professional clubs played Ireland (Match 39), whilst a mixed team of gentlemen amateurs and professionals played Wales.
- UmpiresJ Davis for Wales and SW Widdowson for England.
- Player MilestoneAlbert Fletcher's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneJohnny Holt's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneEdmund Currey's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneHarry Wood's 1st Cap
- Goal MilestoneEdmund Currey's 1st Goal
- London Evening Standard "England v Wales", Monday 17th March 1890. Page 2.
- Bristol Mercury "England v Wales", Monday 17th March 1890. Page 6.
- The Times "Sporting Intelligence", Monday 17th March 1890. Page 10.
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade (Strategic Book Publishing and Rights Co. 2013)
- James Walker
- England - 2nd
- Wales - 6th