Match No. 38 - Saturday, 15th March 1890
- Billy Lewis, 40'
- Sam GillamSamuel Gladstone Gillam.
Born 1868, Swindon.
- Alfred DaviesAlfred Owen Davies.
Born 1863, Wales.
- Di JonesDavid Jones.
Born 1867, Trefonen, England.
- Joe DaviesJoseph E. Davies.
Born 12th Jul 1864, Cefn Mawr.
- Humphrey JonesHumphrey Percy Jones.
Born 7th Dec 1862, Bangor.
- Walter EvansWalter Gwynne Evans.
Born 1867, Builth Wells.
- John ChallenJohn Bonamy Challen.
Born 23rd Mar 1863, Ruthin.
- Richard JonesRichard Owen Jones.
Born 1867, Wales.
- Jack DoughtyJohn Doughty.
Born 1865, Bilston, England.
- Ned HowellEdmund Howell.
Born 1867, Wales.
- Billy LewisWilliam Lewis.
Born 1864, Bangor.
- Billy MoonOld Westminsters, 5th of 7 caps
21 years, 8 months, 18 days
- Johnny HoltEverton, 1st of 10 caps
24 years, 11 month, 5 days
- Alf SheltonNotts County, 2nd of 6 caps
24 years, 6 months, 4 days
- Edmund CurreyOxford University, 1st of 2 caps
21 years, 8 months, 17 days
- Harry WoodWolves, 1st of 3 caps
21 years, 8 months, 19 days
- Harry DaftNotts County, 2nd of 5 caps
23 years, 11 month, 10 days
- Team SelectionThe FA decided on a policy of playing two teams on the same day. The first, a team made up of players from the northern professional clubs played Ireland (Match 39), whilst a mixed team of gentlemen amateurs and professionals played Wales.
- UmpiresJ Davis for Wales and SW Widdowson for England.
- Player MilestoneAlbert Fletcher's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneJohnny Holt's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneEdmund Currey's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneHarry Wood's 1st Cap
- Goal MilestoneEdmund Currey's 1st Goal
- London Evening Standard "England v Wales", Monday 17th March 1890. Page 2.
- Bristol Mercury "England v Wales", Monday 17th March 1890. Page 6.
- The Times "Sporting Intelligence", Monday 17th March 1890. Page 10.
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade (Strategic Book Publishing and Rights Co. 2013)
- Scotland James Walker
- No change in rank, gaining 3 ranking points to 1969 points England - 2nd
- Wales - 4th