Match No. 20 - Saturday, 23rd February 1884
- Billy McWha, 88'
- Robert HunterRobert John Hunter.
Date of birth unknown, Belfast.
- Matt WilsonMatthew Wilson.
Born 1842, Ireland.
Known as Daddy.
- Billy CroneWilliam Crone.
Born 31st Aug 1863, Belfast.
- Jack HastingsJohn Hastings.
Born 1858, Belfast.
- Tom MolyneuxThomas Bryson Molyneux.
Born 19th Jul 1857, Killead.
- Alex DillAlexander Harrison Dill.
Born 27th Jun 1863, Ballymoney.
- Ned SpillerEdward Ashley Spiller.
Born 22nd Nov 1861, Belfast.
- Billy McWhaWilliam Barrie Ritchie McWha.
Born 1860, Ireland.
- Sam JohnstonSamuel Johnston.
Born 18th Sep 1866, Belfast.
- Jack DavisonDr. John Robert Davison.
Born 25th Apr 1860, Hunslet, Leeds.
- Arthur GaussenArthur David Ash Gaussen.
Date of birth unknown, Co Londonderry.
- William RoseSwifts, 1st of 5 caps
22 years, 11 month, 19 days
- Alfred DobsonNotts County, 2nd of 4 caps
24 years, 10 months, 26 days
- Joe BeverleyBlackburn, 1st of 3 caps
27 years, 3 months, 11 day
- Norman BaileyClapham, 10th of 19 caps
26 years, 7 months, 0 days (c)6th captaincy
- Stuart MacraeNotts County, 4th of 5 caps
28 years, 2 months, 16 days
- George HoldenWednesbury Old A, 2nd of 4 caps
24 years, 4 months, 17 days
- Arthur DunnCambridge Uni, 2nd of 4 caps
23 years, 6 months, 11 day
- Harry CurshamNotts County, 8th of 8 caps
24 years, 2 months, 26 days
- Goal TimesThe further sequence of goal scorers and times is unknown.
- Player InjuryCharlie Bambridge retired after 75 mins due to injury, England played on with 10 men.
- UmpiresN.L. Jackson (England), R.M. Kennedy (Ireland)
- Hat-Trick: Harry Cursham1st hat-trick (4th overall).
- Player MilestoneWilliam Rose's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneJoe Beverley's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneArthur Bambridge's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneEdward Johnson's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneHarry Cursham's Last Cap
- Goal MilestoneEdward Johnson's 1st Goal
- Goal MilestoneArthur Bambridge's 1st Goal
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade (Strategic Book Publishing and Rights Co. 2013)
- Scotland Thomas Lawrie
- No change in rank, gaining 5 ranking points to 1898 points England - 2nd
- Ireland - 4th