Match No. 21 - Saturday, 15th March 1884
- John Smith, 7'
- James McAulayJames McAulay.
Born 28th Aug 1860, Bonhill.
- Wattie ArnottWalter Arnott.
Born 12th May 1861, Govan.
- John ForbesJohn Forbes.
Born 13th Jan 1862, Bonhill.
- Charles CampbellCharles Campbell.
Born 1854, Coupar Angus.
- John McPhersonJohn Campbell McLeod McPherson.
Born 1855, Scotland.
Not to be confused with John McPherson (1875) nor John McPherson (1888-1897).
- Billy AndersonWilliam Anderson.
Born 1860, Glasgow.
- Frank ShawFrancis Watson Shaw.
Born 13th May 1864, Glasgow.
- John SmithJohn Smith.
Born 12th Aug 1855, Mauchline.
- Joseph LindsayJoseph Lindsay.
Born 13th Nov 1858, Dumbarton.
- Bob ChristieRobert Main Christie.
Born 15th Nov 1865, Dunblane.
- William McKinnonWilliam Neilson 'Kinnie' McKinnon.
Born 6th Jun 1859, Bonhill.
- William RoseSwifts, 2nd of 5 caps
23 years, 0 months, 11 day
- Alfred DobsonNotts County, 3rd of 4 caps
24 years, 11 month, 18 days
- Joe BeverleyBlackburn, 2nd of 3 caps
27 years, 4 months, 3 days
- Norman BaileyClapham, 11th of 19 caps
26 years, 7 months, 23 days (c)7th captaincy
- Stuart MacraeNotts County, 5th of 5 caps
28 years, 3 months, 8 days
- George HoldenWednesbury Old A, 3rd of 4 caps
24 years, 5 months, 9 days
- Billy GunnNotts County, 1st of 2 caps
25 years, 3 months, 11 day
- Match InfoThe first ever all-ticket match.
- Player MilestoneStuart Macrae's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneCharles Plumpton Wilson's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneWilliam Bromley-Davenport's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneBilly Gunn's 1st Cap
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade (Strategic Book Publishing and Rights Co. 2013)
- Ireland John Sinclair
- No change in rank, losing -6 ranking points to 1892 points England - 2nd
- Scotland - 1st