Match No. 170 - Saturday, 5th April 1930
- Assist: David Jack. Pass from Jack. Vic Watson3rd of 4 goals. , 11'
- Assist: Sammy Crooks. Receiving the ball from Law, Crooks "made off swerving inwards towards the goal. His centre came straight across in front and Watson had simply to touch the ball with his head into the net for his second goal". Vic Watson4th of 4 goals. , 28'
- Assist: Sammy Crooks. Crooks received the ball from a throw-in on the right and immediately centred to the far post for Rimmer to head home. Ellis Rimmer1st of 2 goals. , 30'
- Assist: Sammy Crooks. Crooks' corner is swept in by Jack. David Jack2nd of 3 goals. , 33'
- Assist: Joe Bradford. Neat passing by Rimmer and Bradford on the left wing. "Rimmer shot as he was going at full speed, and the ball came like a rocket so swiftly and so unexpectedly that Harkness could not get near it" Ellis Rimmer2nd of 2 goals. , 55'
- Harry HibbsBirmingham, 2nd of 25 caps
23 years, 10 months, 9 days
- Roy GoodallHuddersfield, 10th of 25 caps
27 years, 3 months, 5 days
- Ernie BlenkinsopSheffield Wed, 11th of 26 caps
27 years, 11 month, 15 days
- Alf StrangeSheffield Wed, 1st of 20 caps
30 years, 0 months, 3 days
- Maurice WebsterMiddlesbrough, 1st of 3 caps
30 years, 4 months, 22 days
- Billy MarsdenSheffield Wed, 2nd of 3 caps
28 years, 4 months, 25 days
- Sammy CrooksDerby, 1st of 26 caps
22 years, 2 months, 20 days
- David JackArsenal, 5th of 9 caps
32 years, 0 months, 2 days
Inside Right (c)1st captaincy
- Vic WatsonWest Ham, 3rd of 5 caps
32 years, 4 months, 25 days
- Joe BradfordBirmingham, 9th of 12 caps
29 years, 2 months, 14 days
- Ellis RimmerSheffield Wed, 1st of 4 caps
23 years, 3 months, 3 days
- Jimmy Fleming, 49'
- Jimmy Fleming, 62'
- Jack HarknessJohn Diamond Harkness.
Born 27th Sep 1907, Glasgow.
- Dougie GrayDouglas Herbert Gray.
Born 4th Apr 1905, Alford.
- Tommy LawThomas Law.
Born 1st Apr 1908, Glasgow.
- John BuchananJohn Buchanan.
Born 15th Mar 1899, Paisley.
- David MeiklejohnDavid Ditchburn Meiklejohn.
Born 12th Dec 1900, Govan.
- Tully CraigThomas Craig.
Born 1897, Laurieston.
- Alex JacksonAlexander Skinner Jackson.
Born 12th May 1905, Renton.
- Alex JamesAlexander Wilson James.
Born 14th Sep 1901, Mossend.
- Jimmy FlemingJames William Fleming.
Born 5th Dec 1901, Dennistoun.
- George StevensonGeorge Stevenson.
Born 4th Apr 1905, Kilbirnie.
- Alan MortonAlan Lauder Morton.
Born 24th Apr 1893, Glasgow.
- Player MilestoneAlf Strange's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneMaurice Webster's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneSammy Crooks' 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneEllis Rimmer's 1st Cap
- Goal MilestoneEllis Rimmer's 1st Goal
- Wembley - The Complete Record 1923 - 2000 by Glen Isherwood (Sports Books 2006)
- The Times "England's victory at Wembley", Monday 7th April 1930, Page 5
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade (Strategic Book Publishing and Rights Co. 2013)
- Ireland William McLean
- Up 1 place, gaining 37 ranking points to 1966 points England - 5th - 1
- Scotland - 2nd