Match No. 169 - Wednesday, 20th November 1929
- Assist: Jimmy Ruffell. "Adcock sent a perfect long high centre across the goal: Ruffell tapped it back to Johnson who gave the goalkeeper no chance with a powerful shot." Tommy Johnson2nd of 5 goals. , 12'
- Assist: Hughie Adcock. "England's second goal, the only other they scored in the first half again came from a good passing movement on the right wing. Edwards made an opening for Hine, who sent the ball first time out to Adcock.
Camsell took Adcock's htigh centre on his chest, and as the ball fell, drove it along the ground into the net." George Camsell9th of 18 goals. , 16'
- "The English plressure was maintained, and within a minute the [Camsell] got up to a high ball and headed it hard into the goal." George Camsell10th of 18 goals. , 61'
- Assist: Jimmy Ruffell. "Soon Johnson added a fourth goal. Which was the result of an excellent piece of play.
Ruffell, standing near goal, received a long pass from Hine and lobbed the ball back to Johnson: Johnson took it with his left foot on the volley and drove it past Lewis into the goal with terrific force." Tommy Johnson3rd of 5 goals. , 65'
- "Adcock now showed that he is able to cut in and score himself. The next English goal was entirely the result of an individual run by him. He ran round the back, who missed him badly, to within a yard or two of the goal, and put the ball through at close quarters." Hughie AdcockOnly Goal. , 70'
- Assist: Jimmy Ruffell. "England scored yet another goal, and this was obtained by Ruffell';s best piece of play during the match. He, too, made a good run down the wing and centred to some way behind Camsell. Camsell got back to the ball and turned with it and scored in a way that stamped him conclusively as a really fine centre-forward." George Camsell11th of 18 goals. , 75'
- Harry HibbsBirmingham, 1st of 25 caps
23 years, 5 months, 24 days
- Tommy SmartAston Villa, 5th of 5 caps
33 years, 2 months, 0 days
- Willis EdwardsLeeds, 16th of 16 caps
26 years, 6 months, 22 days (c)5th captaincy
- Ernie HartLeeds, 3rd of 8 caps
27 years, 10 months, 17 days
- Billy MarsdenSheffield Wed, 1st of 3 caps
28 years, 0 months, 10 days
- Hughie AdcockLeicester, 5th of 5 caps
26 years, 7 months, 10 days
- Ernie HineLeicester, 4th of 6 caps
28 years, 7 months, 11 day
- George CamsellMiddlesbrough, 4th of 9 caps
26 years, 11 month, 23 days
- Jimmy RuffellWest Ham, 6th of 6 caps
29 years, 3 months, 12 days
- Dan LewisDaniel Lewis.
Born 11th Dec 1902, Maerdy.
- Ben WilliamsBenjamin David Williams.
Born 29th Oct 1900, Penrhiwceiber.
- Bert LumbergArthur Albert Lumberg.
Born 20th May 1901, Wales.
- Fred KeenorFrederick Charles Keenor.
Born 31st Jul 1894, Cardiff.
- Tom GriffithsThomas Percival Griffiths.
Born 21st Feb 1906, Wrexham.
- Bob JohnRobert Frederick John.
Born 3rd Feb 1899, Barry.
- Willie DaviesWilliam Davies.
Born 10th Mar 1900, Troedyrhiw.
- Len DaviesLeonard Stephen Davies.
Born 28th Apr 1899, Cardiff.
- Wilf LewisWilfred Leslie Lewis.
Born 1st Jul 1903, Swansea.
- Charlie JonesCharles Jones.
Born 12th Dec 1899, Merthyr Tydfil.
- Fred CookFrederick William Cook.
Born 2nd Jan 1902, Aberdare.
- Welsh Positions"After half-time Wales readjusted their right wing completely. [Len] Davies moved to centre-forward, [Wilf] Lewis to outside-right and [Willie] Davies to inside-right.
In the half-back line [Fred] Keenor came into the centre, and [Tom] Griffiths took his place at right-half."
- Hat-Trick: George Camsell2nd hat-trick (28th overall). 59 minutes between first and third goals.
- Player MilestoneHarry Hibbs' 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneTommy Smart's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneWillis Edwards' Last Cap
- Player MilestoneBilly Marsden's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneHughie Adcock's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneJimmy Ruffell's Last Cap
- Goal MilestoneGeorge Camsell's 10th Goal
- Goal MilestoneHughie Adcock's 1st Goal
- The Times "England beat Wales - A well-balanced team", Thursday 21st November 1929, page 7.
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade (Strategic Book Publishing and Rights Co. 2013)
- Ireland William McLean
- Up 2 places, gaining 13 ranking points to 1929 points England - 6th - 2
- Wales - 17th