Match No. 158 - Monday, 28th November 1927
- Direct from a corner kick. "Eleven minutes from time Gray tried to punch away a corner kick taken by Page. He missed, and the ball entered the net." Louis Page2nd of 2 goals. , 79'
- Roy GoodallHuddersfield, 6th of 25 caps
24 years, 10 months, 28 days
- Reg OsborneLeicester, Only Cap
29 years, 4 months, 5 days
- Alf BakerArsenal, Only Cap
29 years, 7 months, 1 day
- Jack HillBurnley, 8th of 11 caps
30 years, 8 months, 26 days (c)5th captaincy
- Joe HulmeArsenal, 5th of 9 caps
23 years, 3 months, 2 days
- George BrownHuddersfield, 7th of 9 caps
24 years, 5 months, 6 days
- Dixie DeanEverton, 7th of 16 caps
20 years, 10 months, 6 days
- Arthur RigbyBlackburn, 5th of 5 caps
27 years, 5 months, 21 day
- Louis PageBurnley, 7th of 7 caps
28 years, 8 months, 1 day
- "[Wales] took the lead after twenty-two minutes of play. Hole played an important part in the successful movement but it was Lewis who scored, the centre shooting so quickly after Tremelling had punched out a shot that the spectators hardly had time to realise his chance before it had been taken." Wilf Lewis, 22'
- "Five minutes from the interval [England] had another blow. The ball was centred from the Welsh right, and Hill perstered by the attention of Lewis tried a back-header to his goalkeeper. Tremelling however, had rushed forward and Hill turned round to see the ball slowly rolling into the net." Jack Hill, 40' (og)
- Bert GrayAlbert Gray.
Born 23rd Sep 1900, Tredegar.
- Ben WilliamsBenjamin David Williams.
Born 29th Oct 1900, Penrhiwceiber.
- Tom EvansTom Evans.
Born 7th Apr 1903, Wales.
- Ray BennionSamuel Raymond Bennion.
Born 1st Sep 1896, Wrexham.
- Fred KeenorFrederick Charles Keenor.
Born 31st Jul 1894, Cardiff.
- Bob JohnRobert Frederick John.
Born 3rd Feb 1899, Barry.
- Billy HoleBilly Hole.
Born 1st Nov 1897, Wales.
- Len DaviesLeonard Stephen Davies.
Born 28th Apr 1899, Cardiff.
- Wilf LewisWilfred Leslie Lewis.
Born 1st Jul 1903, Swansea.
- Charlie JonesCharles Jones.
Born 12th Dec 1899, Merthyr Tydfil.
- Fred CookFrederick William Cook.
Born 2nd Jan 1902, Aberdare.
- England GoalSome sources state that England's goal was scored by Louis Page direct from a corner kick "Eleven minutes from time Gray tried to punch away a corner kick taken by Page. He missed, and the ball entered the net." The Guardian blamed the Welsh Keeper "Gray seemd to help them by turning a corner kick by Page into the net." Other sources say it struck Fred Keenor before it went in.
- Missed Penalty: Roy Goodall1st miss from 1st taken (0.0%). England's 9th overall. Roy Goodall missed a penalty on 50 minutes. The third consecutive penalty missed. "In the second half England were awarded a penalty for hands, but Goodall shot straight at the goalkeeper, who beat the ball up and then cleared."
- Player MilestoneDan Tremelling's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneReg Osborne's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneAlf Baker's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneArthur Rigby's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneLouis Page's Last Cap
- Western Morning News "England beaten. Poor show against Wales", Tuesday 29th November 1927, page 12.
- Western Daily Press "England beaten. Disappointing forward line." Tuesday 29th November 1927, page 4.
- England (1872- 1940) - Eire (1924 - 1940) - England/Amateurs (1906 - 1940) by International Federation of Football History & Statistics (IFFHS 1999)
- Hull Daily Mail "England's defeat. Disappointing display at Burnley" Tuesday 29th November 1927, page 2.
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade (Strategic Book Publishing and Rights Co. 2013)
- The Guardian "England beaten at Burnley. Welsh win deserved.", Tuesday 29th November 1927, page 4.
- Scotland William Bell
- Down 2 places, losing -32 ranking points to 1825 points England - 11th - 2
- Wales - 15th