Match No. 158 - Monday, 28th November 1927
- Wilf Lewis, 20'
- Jack Hill, 40' (og)
- England GoalSome sources state that England's goal was scored by Louis Page direct from a corner kick "Eleven minutes from time Gray tried to punch away a corner kick taken by Page. He missed, and the ball entered the net." Other sources say it struck Fred Keenor before it went in.
- Missed Penalty: Roy Goodall1st miss from 1st taken (0.0%). England's 9th overall. Roy Goodall missed a penalty on 50 minutes. The third consecutive penalty missed. "In the second half England were awarded a penalty for hands, but Goodall shot straight at the goalkeeper, who beat the ball up and then cleared."
- Player MilestoneDan Tremelling's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneReg Osborne's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneAlf Baker's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneArthur Rigby's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneLouis Page's Last Cap
- Western Morning News "England beaten. Poor show against Wales", Tuesday 29th November 1927, page 12.
- Western Daily Press "England beaten. Disappointing forward line." Tuesday 29th November 1927, page 4.
- England (1872- 1940) - Eire (1924 - 1940) - England/Amateurs (1906 - 1940) by International Federation of Football History & Statistics (IFFHS 1999)
- Hull Daily Mail "England's defeat. Disappointing display at Burnley" Tuesday 29th November 1927, page 2.
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade (Strategic Book Publishing and Rights Co. 2013)
- William Bell
- England - 13th - 2
- Wales - 19th