Match No. 159 - Saturday, 31st March 1928
- "England's solitary score was made by Kelly from a free kick fully thirty yards out." Bob Kelly8th of 8 goals. , 89'
- Ted HuftonWest Ham, 3rd of 6 caps
35 years, 4 months, 6 days
- Roy GoodallHuddersfield, 7th of 25 caps
25 years, 3 months, 0 days
Right Back (c)1st captaincy
- Taffy JonesBlackburn, 6th of 6 caps
31 years, 6 months, 28 days
- Willis EdwardsLeeds, 9th of 16 caps
24 years, 11 month, 3 days
- Tom WilsonHuddersfield, Only Cap
31 years, 11 month, 15 days
- Harry HeallessBlackburn, 2nd of 2 caps
35 years, 1 month, 21 day
- Joe HulmeArsenal, 6th of 9 caps
23 years, 7 months, 5 days
- Bob KellyHuddersfield, 14th of 14 caps
34 years, 4 months, 15 days
- Dixie DeanEverton, 8th of 16 caps
21 years, 2 months, 9 days
- Joe BradfordBirmingham, 3rd of 12 caps
27 years, 2 months, 9 days
- Billy SmithHuddersfield, 3rd of 3 caps
32 years, 10 months, 8 days
- "Almost at once the Scottish halves made their presence felt, and James gave a pass to Morton, who beat Goodall and flashed across a centre to Jackson, who headed through, so that within three minutes of the start Scotland were one up." Alex Jackson, 3'
- "Then Gibson dribbled through and passed out to Jackson, whose prompt transfer left James and opening for a low shot Hufton could not get near." Alex James, 44'
- "The Scots swept to the attack again, and Morton got across another centre, which Jackson met with his head so accurately that the score became three to none twenty minutes after the restart." Alex Jackson, 65'
- "Gallagher was going through strongly when tackled by Jones, and as both men fell James raced up and smashed the ball into the net." Alex James, 67'
- "Scotland's last goal came when Morton made an opening with a splendid centre that Jackson met with a flying kick which yielded perhaps the best goal of the day. That occured five minutes from the end..." Alex Jackson, 85'
- Jack HarknessJohn Diamond Harkness.
Born 27th Sep 1907, Glasgow.
- James NelsonJames Nelson.
Born 7th Jan 1901, Greenock.
- Tommy LawThomas Law.
Born 1st Apr 1908, Glasgow.
- Jimmy GibsonJames Davidson Gibson.
Born 12th Jun 1901, Larkhall.
- Tom BradshawThomas Bradshaw.
Born 7th Feb 1904, Bishopton.
- Jimmy McMullanJames McMullan.
Born 26th Mar 1895, Denny.
- Alex JacksonAlexander Skinner Jackson.
Born 12th May 1905, Renton.
- Jimmy DunnJames Dunn.
Born 25th Nov 1900, Glasgow.
- Hughie GallacherHugh Kilpatrick Gallacher.
Born 2nd Feb 1903, Bellshill.
- Alex JamesAlexander Wilson James.
Born 14th Sep 1901, Mossend.
- Alan MortonAlan Lauder Morton.
Born 24th Apr 1893, Glasgow.
- Wembley WizardsThe Scottish team became known as the 'Wembley Wizards'. The victory was the biggest margin on English soil since 1881 and it was the biggest defeat that England had suffered at Wembley until the visit of the 'Mighty Magyars' 23 years later.
- Player MilestoneTaffy Jones' Last Cap
- Player MilestoneTom Wilson's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneHarry Healless' Last Cap
- Player MilestoneBob Kelly's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneBilly Smith's Last Cap
- Wembley - The Complete Record 1923 - 2000 by Glen Isherwood (Sports Books 2006)
- The Times "England Outplayed", Monday 2nd April 1928, Page 6
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade (Strategic Book Publishing and Rights Co. 2013)
- The Guardian "England's worst", Monday 2nd April 1928, page 4.
- Daily Telegraph "England routed", Monday 2nd April 1928, page 16.
- Scotland William Bell
- Down 2 places, losing -35 ranking points to 1790 points England - 13th - 2
- Scotland - 4th