Match No. 157 - Saturday, 22nd October 1927
- Taffy Jones, 36' (og)
- Jackie Mahood, 72'
- Elisha ScottElisha Scott.
Born 24th Aug 1893, Belfast.
- Andy McCluggageAndrew McCluggage.
Born 1st Sep 1900, Larne.
- Billy McConnellWilliam Henry McConnell.
Born 2nd Sep 1901, Corbolis.
- Sam IrvingSamuel Johnstone Irving.
Born 28th Aug 1893, Belfast.
- Gerry MorganFrancis Gerard Morgan.
Born 25th Jul 1899, Belfast.
- Tom SloanThomas Milne Sloan.
Born 23rd Sep 1898, Belfast.
- Jimmy ChambersRobert James Chambers.
Born 26th Jul 1908, Mullaghglass.
- Bobby IrvineRobert William Irvine.
Born 29th Apr 1900, Lisburn.
- Hugh DaveyHugh Henry Davey.
Born 14th Jun 1897, Shrigley.
- Billy GillespieWilliam Ballintrae Gillespie.
Born 6th Aug 1891, Kerrykeel.
- Jackie MahoodJohn Mahood.
Born 12th Mar 1898, Banbridge.
- Ted HuftonWest Ham, 2nd of 6 caps
34 years, 10 months, 27 days
- Tom CooperDerby, 1st of 15 caps
23 years, 9 months, 21 day
- Taffy JonesBlackburn, 5th of 6 caps
31 years, 1 month, 19 days
- Jack HillBurnley, 7th of 11 caps
30 years, 7 months, 20 days (c)4th captaincy
- Harry StorerDerby, 2nd of 2 caps
29 years, 8 months, 20 days
- Joe HulmeArsenal, 4th of 9 caps
23 years, 1 month, 27 days
- Stan EarleWest Ham, 2nd of 2 caps
30 years, 1 month, 16 days
- Dixie DeanEverton, 6th of 16 caps
20 years, 9 months, 0 days
- Jack BallBury, Only Cap
27 years, 0 months, 23 days
- Louis PageBurnley, 6th of 7 caps
28 years, 6 months, 26 days
- Player InjuryTed Hufton broke his arm during the game and was taken off after 40 minutes and rushed to hospital.
- Player InjuryJack Hill had to retire due to a leg injury at half time. England played the rest of the match with 9 men.
- Player MilestoneTom Cooper's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneHarry Nuttall's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneHarry Storer's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneStan Earle's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneJack Ball's Only Cap
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade (Strategic Book Publishing and Rights Co. 2013)
- Scotland Thomas R Dougray
- Down 1 place, losing -39 ranking points to 1857 points England - 9th - 1
- Ireland - 16th