Match No. 12 - Saturday, 26th February 1881
- John HawtreyOld Etonians, 1st of 2 caps
30 years, 7 months, 7 days
- Alf HarveyWednesbury Strollers, Only Cap
24 years, 7 months, 21 day
- Jack HunterSheffield Heeley, 4th of 7 caps
28 years, 8 months, 25 days (c)1st captaincy
- Jimmy BrownBlackburn, 1st of 5 caps
18 years, 6 months, 26 days
- George TaitBirmingham Excelsior, Only Cap
21 years, 3 months, 25 days
- Billy MosforthSheffield Wed, 7th of 9 caps
22 years, 1 month, 24 days
- Jack Vaughan, 54'
- Robert McMillanRobert McMillan.
Born 1857, England.
- John MorganJohn Richard Morgan.
Born 1855, Pengwern.
- Llewelyn KenrickSamuel Llewelyn Kenrick.
Date of birth unknown, Ruabon.
- William WilliamsWilliam Williams.
Born 1856, Ruabon.
- William BellWilliam Bell.
Born 1859, England.
- William OwenWilliam Pierce Owen.
Born 20th Nov 1860, Wales.
- Thomas LewisThomas Lewis.
Date of birth unknown.
- Knyvett CrosseKnyvett Crosse.
Born 1855, Shropshire, England.
- John PriceJohn Henry Price.
Born 1854, Wrexham.
- Uriah GoodwinUriah Goodwin.
Born 1859, Llanfrog.
- Jack VaughanJohn Vaughan.
Born 1856, Wales.
- Player MilestoneJohn Hawtrey's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneAlf Harvey's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneArthur Bambridge's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneThomas Marshall's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneThurston Rostron's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneJimmy Brown's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneGeorge Tait's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneJohn Hargreaves' 1st Cap
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Richard Sagar Bastard
- No change in rank, losing -19 ranking points to 1948 points England - 2nd
- Wales - 3rd