Match No. 13 - Saturday, 12th March 1881, 3:15pm
- "...Hargreaves and Mitchell got away, and a splendid shot by Bambridge gave England a goal." Charlie Bambridge5th of 11 goals. , 64'
- John HawtreyOld Etonians, 2nd of 2 caps
30 years, 7 months, 24 days
- Edgar FieldClapham, 2nd of 2 caps
26 years, 7 months, 14 days
- Claude WilsonOxford University, 2nd of 2 caps
22 years, 6 months, 3 days
- Norman BaileyClapham, 5th of 19 caps
23 years, 7 months, 20 days
Half Back (c)1st captaincy
- Jack HunterSheffield Heeley, 5th of 7 caps
29 years, 6 months, 30 days
- George HoldenWednesbury Old A, 1st of 4 caps
21 years, 5 months, 6 days
- Reg MacaulayCambridge Uni, Only Cap
22 years, 6 months, 19 days
- Clement MitchellUpton Park, 2nd of 5 caps
19 years, 0 months, 20 days
- John HargreavesBlackburn, 2nd of 2 caps
20 years, 2 months, 30 days
- "...a judicious middle by McGuire enabling Smith to obtain goal number one for Scotland." John Smith, 10'
- "...Scotland pressed on, and though Hawtrey was equal to one hard shot by Ker, he was unable to prevent Hill sending the ball between the posts." David Hill, 55'
- "...the Scotch forwards working together in fine style, the result was another disaster for England caused by Ker." Geordie Ker, 70'
- "...after some good play by Campbell and Ker a scrimmage took place in front of the English posts which produced a fourth success for Scotland." John Smith, 75'
- "...five minutes more only had elapsed before Smith, heading the ball through the English posts, gave the visitors their fifth point ten minutes before time." John Smith, 80'
- "...the Scottish forwards went away with such a rush that they carried the English goal again, Ker giving again the final kick." Geordie Ker, 89'
- George GillespieGeorge Gillespie.
Born 22nd Jun 1859, Scotland.
- Andrew WatsonAndrew Watson.
Born 24th May 1856, Demerara, British Guiana.
- Tom VallanceThomas Vallance.
Born 27th May 1856, Renton.
- Charles CampbellCharles Campbell.
Born 1854, Coupar Angus.
- David DavidsonDavid Davidson.
Date of birth unknown, Glasgow.
- William McGuireWilliam McGuire.
Born 24th Mar 1860, Beith.
- David HillDavid Hill.
Date of birth unknown.
- Geordie KerGeorge Ker.
Date of birth unknown, Glasgow.
- Joseph LindsayJoseph Lindsay.
Born 13th Nov 1858, Dumbarton.
- Henry McNeilHenry McNeil.
Born 1853, Scotland.
- John SmithJohn Smith.
Born 12th Aug 1855, Mauchline.
- Three Disallowed GoalsIn the first half: "A claim of hands gave Scotland a free kick, and another goal was got, though the umpires disallowed this in consequence of off side." And in the second: "...play had hardly resumed before Ker passing to Smith the latter claimed a goal, which was not allowed, owing to off-side." And then just before time: "...but the Scotchmen again forced their way past the opposite backs, though the goal they got was disallowed for off-side."
- Player MilestoneJohn Hawtrey's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneEdgar Field's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneClaude Wilson's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneGeorge Holden's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneThurston Rostron's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneReg Macaulay's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneJohn Hargreaves' Last Cap
- The Times Monday 14th March 1881, page 6
- Leeds Mercury "England v Scotland", Monday 14th March 1881, page 3.
- Francis Arthur Marindin
- No change in rank, losing -20 ranking points to 1928 points England - 2nd
- Scotland - 1st