Federación Colombiana de Fútbol
- Colombia played their first International against Mexico in 1938 and have since qualified for 4 World Cups and won their first Copa America in 2001.
England first played them in a friendly in Bogota in May 1970 in an attempt to get acclimatised to the heat and altitude for the World Cup in Mexico. The game was overshadowed by the "Bogota Bracelet" affair where the England captain, Bobby Moore, was arrested and detained for four days for an alleged stolen bracelet from a hotel store.
The first World Cup meeting was at the 1998 World Cup which saw England win with David Beckham's first goal for his country.
Head to head
- World Cup FinalsWCF
- COL, 3rd Jul 2018, 1 - 1 (WCF) *
- COL, 31st May 2005, 3 - 2 (FR)
- COL, 26th Jun 1998, 2 - 0 (WCF)
- COL, 6th Sep 1995, 0 - 0 (FR)
- COL, 24th May 1988, 1 - 1 (RC)
- COL, 20th May 1970, 4 - 0 (FR)
- * Match was concluded via extra time, penalties or both.