Match No. 443 - Wednesday, 20th May 1970, 9:00pm
- Otoniel QuintanaOtoniel Quintana.
Born 1946, Padilla.
- Arturo SegoviaArturo Rafael Segovia.
Born 26th Oct 1941, Soledad.
- Hermenegildo SegreraHermenegildo Segrera Moran.
Born 13th Jan 1945, Santa Maria.
- Darío LópezDarío López.
Born 2nd Feb 1946.
- Gabriel HernándezGabriel Hernández Alonso.
Born 1st Jan 1942, Soacha.
- Alfonso CañónAlfonso Cañón Rincón.
Born 20th Mar 1946, Bogata.
- Óscar LópezÓscar López Vázquez.
Born 2nd Apr 1939, Medellin.
- Óscar GarciaÓscar Francisco Garcia.
Born 10th May 1942, Medellin.
- Luis Carlos PazLuis Carlos Paz.
Born 25th Jun 1942.
- Alejandro BrandAlejandro Brand.
Born 15th May 1950, Medellin.
- Jorge Ramírez GallegoJorge Enrique Ramírez Gallego.
Born 25th Mar 1940, Cali.
- Alfredo ArangoAlfredo Arango Narváez.
Born 16th Feb 1945, Santa Maria.
- Assist: Bobby Charlton. "Peters headed the first goal after a corner by Charlton in the second minute." Martin Peters13th of 20 goals, 2'
- Assist: Bobby Charlton. "The second goal in the thirty-ninth minute was another header by Peters after a corner by Charlton." Martin Peters14th of 20 goals, 39'
- "Charlton himself scored the third in the fifty-sixth minute..." Bobby Charlton49th of 49 goals, 56'
- Assist: Terry Cooper. "...Ball's industry was rewarded six minutes from time when he completed the scoring with a header from on of Cooper's many accurate centres." Alan Ball7th of 8 goals, 84'
- Gordon BanksStoke City, 58th of 73 caps
32 years, 4 months, 20 days
- Keith NewtonEverton, 23rd of 27 caps
28 years, 10 months, 27 days
- Terry CooperLeeds, 7th of 20 caps
25 years, 10 months, 8 days
- Alan MullerySpurs, 26th of 35 caps
28 years, 5 months, 27 days
- Brian LaboneEverton, 22nd of 26 caps
30 years, 3 months, 27 days
- Bobby MooreWest Ham, 79th of 108 caps
29 years, 1 month, 8 days (c)61st captaincy
- Franny LeeMan City, 13th of 27 caps
26 years, 0 months, 21 day
- Alan BallEverton, 40th of 72 caps
25 years, 0 months, 8 days
- Geoff HurstWest Ham, 37th of 49 caps
28 years, 5 months, 12 days
- World Cup warm-up friendlyEngland went on a two match tour of Colombia and Ecuador to acclimitise themselves to the heat and altitude prior to the 1970 World Cup.
- Shirt NumbersPrior to this match an England XI selection beat a Colombia XI side 1-0. The touring party prior to the World Cup totalled 28 players who had squad numbers different from the final World Cup 1970 squad numbers.
- Bogotá BraceletPrior to the match Bobby Moore was accused of stealing a bracelet from a shop in the foyer of their Bogotá hotel.
- England: The Complete Post-War Record by Mike Payne (Breedon Books Publishing Company 1993)
- The Guardian "Height and Colombia both conquered", Friday 22nd May 1970, page 20.
- Venezuela Iván Barrios
- No change in rank, gaining 2 ranking points to 2066 points England - 1st
- Colombia - 87th