Match No. 74 - Monday, 3rd March 1902, 3:45pm
- Dick RooseLeigh Richmond Roose.
Born 27th Nov 1877, Holt.
- Sam MeredithSamuel Meredith.
Born 5th Sep 1972, Trefonen, Shropshire.
- Charlie MorrisCharles Richard Morris.
Born 29th Aug 1880, Oswestry.
- Maurice ParryMaurice Parry.
Born 7th Nov 1877, Trefonen, Oswestry.
- Jack JonesJohn Leonard Jones.
Born 1869, Rhuddlan.
- William JonesWilliam James Jones.
- Billy MeredithWilliam Henry Meredith.
Born 30th Jul 1874, Chick, Denbighshire.
- Mart WatkinsWalter Martin Watkins.
Born 21st Mar 1880, Caersws.
- Thomas ParryThomas David Parry.
Date of birth unknown.
- Ephraim WilliamsEphraim Williams.
Born 1877, Wales.
- Dicky MorrisRichard Morris.
Born 1st Jan 1879, Newtown.
- Billy GeorgeAston Villa, 1st of 3 caps
27 years, 8 months, 4 days
- Bob CromptonBlackburn, 1st of 41 caps
22 years, 5 months, 7 days
- Jimmy CrabtreeAston Villa, 14th of 14 caps
30 years, 2 months, 11 day
- Albert WilkesAston Villa, 3rd of 5 caps
27 years, 3 months, 23 days
- Walter AbbottEverton, Only Cap
24 years, 2 months, 27 days
- Ernest NeedhamSheffield Utd, 16th of 16 caps
29 years, 1 month, 13 days
- Billy HoggSunderland, 1st of 3 caps
22 years, 9 months, 5 days
- Steve BloomerDerby, 15th of 23 caps
28 years, 1 month, 14 days
- Charlie SagarBury, 2nd of 2 caps
23 years, 11 month, 6 days
- Tip FosterCorinthians, 5th of 5 caps
23 years, 10 months, 17 days
Inside Left (c)1st captaincy
- Bert LipshamSheffield Utd, Only Cap
23 years, 10 months, 4 days
- Goal Scoring SequenceThe first time England failed to score since 1884 breaking a run of 52 matches.
- Disallowed GoalsEngland had the ball in the net twice but both were disallowed. "Bloomer scored an offside goal..." and "..Foster receiving the ball volleyed it back into the net. The referee pointed to the centre and, it seemed that England had scored, but on appeal by the Welsh backs the goal was disallowed...Roose had been impeded by one of the English forwards."
- Missed Penalty: Ernest Needham2nd miss from 3rd taken (33.3%). England's 4th overall. Just before half time, England are awarded a third penalty in as many matches but Needham misses, his second in succesive matches. Different sources state different reasons for the awarding of the penalty. It was either handball by Meredith or a foul by Meredith on Sagar. However, "Needham took the kick, but Roose got the ball away amidst an outburst of cheering."
- Player MilestoneBilly George's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneBob Crompton's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneJimmy Crabtree's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneWalter Abbott's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneErnest Needham's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneBilly Hogg's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneCharlie Sagar's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneTip Foster's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneBert Lipsham's Only Cap
- Manchester Courier and Lancashire General Advertiser "International Championship. England v Wales". Tuesday 4th March 1902. Page 9.
- Derby Evening Telegraph "To-day's football. England v Wales", Tuesday 4th March 1902. Page 3.
- Sheffield Daily Telegraph "Wales v England. A level game." Tuesday 4th March 1902. Page 10.
- Western Daily Press "International Match" Tuesday 4th March 1902, Page 6.
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade (Strategic Book Publishing and Rights Co. 2013)
- Scotland Thomas Robertson
- No change in rank, losing -18 ranking points to 1995 points England - 1st
- Wales - 3rd