Match No. 73 - Saturday, 30th March 1901
- "...a determined attack was made on the Scotch goal,and after some exciting paly Blackburn put the ball through..." Fred BlackburnOnly Goal. , 36'
- "...Bloomer, getting on the ball after a rebound from Battles, ran right down, and beating Rennie made the game even once more." Steve Bloomer25th of 28 goals. , 80'
- James IremongerNotts Forest, 1st of 2 caps
25 years, 0 months, 25 days
- William OakleyCorinthians, 16th of 16 caps
27 years, 11 month, 3 days
- Albert WilkesAston Villa, 2nd of 5 caps
26 years, 4 months, 20 days
- Frank FormanNotts Forest, 6th of 9 caps
25 years, 10 months, 7 days
- Ernest NeedhamSheffield Utd, 15th of 16 caps
28 years, 2 months, 9 days
- Walter BennettSheffield Utd, 2nd of 2 caps
26 years, 2 months, 30 days
- Steve BloomerDerby, 14th of 23 caps
27 years, 2 months, 10 days
- GO SmithCorinthians, 20th of 20 caps
28 years, 4 months, 5 days
Centre Forward (c)14th captaincy
- Tip FosterCorinthians, 4th of 5 caps
22 years, 11 month, 14 days
- Fred BlackburnBlackburn, 1st of 3 caps
22 years, 8 months, 10 days
- John Campbell, 48'
- Robert Hamilton, 75'
- Harry RennieHenry George Rennie.
Born 1st Jun 1873, Greenock.
- Barney BattlesBernard Battles.
Born 13th Jan 1875, Springburn.
- Jock DrummondJohn Drummond.
Born 13th Apr 1870, Alva.
- Andy AitkenAndrew Aitken.
Born 27th Apr 1877, Ayr.
- Alex RaisbeckAlexander Galloway Raisbeck.
Born 26th Dec 1878, Wallacestone.
- John RobertsonJohn Tait Robertson.
Born 25th Feb 1877, Dumbarton.
- Bobby WalkerRobert Walker.
Born 10th Jan 1879, Edinburgh.
- John CampbellJohn Campbell.
Born 19th Aug 1872, Glasgow.
- Bob McCollRobert Smyth McColl.
Born 13th Apr 1876, St Rollox.
- Robert HamiltonRobert Cumming Hamilton.
Born 13th May 1877, Elgin.
- Alex SmithAlexander Smith.
Born 7th Nov 1876, Darvel.
- Missed Penalty: Ernest Needham1st miss from 2nd taken (50.0%). England's 3rd overall. "[England] should have scored in the first quarter of an hour. Battles fouled just outside the twelve yards line, and directly afterwards England were awarded a penalty, but Rennie managed to stop Needham's kick."
- Player MilestoneJames Iremonger's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneWilliam Oakley's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneWalter Bennett's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneGO Smith's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneFred Blackburn's 1st Cap
- Goal MilestoneFred Blackburn's 1st Goal
- Goal MilestoneSteve Bloomer's 25th Goal
- Western Times "England v Scotland", Monday 1st April 1901, page 3.
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade (Strategic Book Publishing and Rights Co. 2013)
- Ireland James Torrans
- No change in rank, losing -9 ranking points to 2013 points England - 1st
- Scotland - 2nd