Match No. 73 - Saturday, 30th March 1901
- John Campbell, 48'
- Robert Hamilton, 75'
- Missed Penalty: Ernest Needham1st miss from 2nd taken (50.0%). England's 3rd overall. "[England] should have scored in the first quarter of an hour. Battles fouled just outside the twelve yards line, and directly afterwards England were awarded a penalty, but Rennie managed to stop Needham's kick."
- Player MilestoneJames Iremonger's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneWilliam Oakley's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneWalter Bennett's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneGO Smith's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneFred Blackburn's 1st Cap
- Goal MilestoneFred Blackburn's 1st Goal
- Goal MilestoneSteve Bloomer's 25th Goal
- Western Times "England v Scotland", Monday 1st April 1901, page 3.
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade (Strategic Book Publishing and Rights Co. 2013)
- James Torrans
- England - 1st
- Scotland - 2nd