Match No. 72 - Monday, 18th March 1901
- "...the ball came out to Bloomer, who made no mistake with a fast high shot." Steve Bloomer21st of 28 goals, 38'
- "...Foster, going straight through, was badly tripped, and from the penalty kick Needham put on a second five minutes from the resumption." Ernest Needham3rd of 3 goals, 50' (pen)
- "...Corbett passed to Bloomer, who added a third goal in excellent fashion." Steve Bloomer22nd of 28 goals, 60'?
- "Ten minutes from the close, Bennett got away, and putting the ball across, Bloomer scored the fourth goal with a pretty oblique shot, which hit the far post and glance into the net." Steve Bloomer23rd of 28 goals, 80'
- "Foster snapped up the ball as it was kicked off by Morgan-Owen, touched it to Beats, thence it went to Bloomer, came back to Foster, close on goal; and the Corinthian added a fifth point with a fast shot, which gave Roose no earthly chance." Tip Foster3rd of 3 goals, 81'
- "Two minutes later, Bloomer took full advantage of a bad mistake by Morris, and, racing on, scored a sixth goal, Roose delaying his rush too long." Steve Bloomer24th of 28 goals, 83'
- Jimmy CrabtreeAston Villa, 13th of 14 caps
29 years, 2 months, 26 days
- William OakleyCorinthians, 15th of 16 caps
27 years, 10 months, 21 day
- Albert WilkesAston Villa, 1st of 5 caps
26 years, 4 months, 8 days
- Ernest NeedhamSheffield Utd, 14th of 16 caps
28 years, 1 month, 28 days (c)1st captaincy
- Walter BennettSheffield Utd, 1st of 2 caps
26 years, 2 months, 18 days
- Billy BeatsWolves, 1st of 2 caps
29 years, 4 months, 5 days
- Tip FosterCorinthians, 3rd of 5 caps
22 years, 11 month, 2 days
- Dick RooseLeigh Richmond Roose.
Born 27th Nov 1877, Holt.
- Sam MeredithSamuel Meredith.
Born 5th Sep 1972, Trefonen, Shropshire.
- Charlie MorrisCharles Richard Morris.
Born 29th Aug 1880, Oswestry.
- Maurice ParryMaurice Parry.
Born 7th Nov 1877, Trefonen, Oswestry.
- William JonesWilliam James Jones.
- Ted HughesEdward Hughes.
Born 1876, Ruabon.
- Billy MeredithWilliam Henry Meredith.
Born 30th Jul 1874, Chick, Denbighshire.
- Harry PughHenry David Pugh.
Born 8th Mar 1875, Wrexham.
- Morgan Morgan-OwenMorgan Maddox Morgan-Owen.
Born 20th Feb 1877, Hereford, England.
Brother of Hugh Morgan-Owen.
- Thomas ParryThomas David Parry.
Date of birth unknown.
- Ephraim WilliamsEphraim Williams.
Born 1877, Wales.
- Penalty: Ernest Needham1st scored from 1 taken (100.0%). England's 2nd overall. "...Foster, going straight through, was badly tripped, and from the penalty kick Needham put on a second five minutes from the resumption." The first successful England penalty.
- Hat-Trick: Steve Bloomer2nd hat-trick (16th overall). 42 minutes between first and third goals. The first Englishman to score two hat-tricks.
- Player MilestoneMatt Kingsley's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneAlbert Wilkes' 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneBilly Bannister's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneWalter Bennett's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneBilly Beats' 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneBertie Corbett's Only Cap
- Sheffield Daily Telegraph "England v Wales", Tuesday 19th March 1901, page 10.
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade (Strategic Book Publishing and Rights Co. 2013)
- Scotland Thomas Robertson
- No change in rank, gaining 2 ranking points to 2022 points England - 1st
- Wales - 3rd