Match No. 60 - Monday, 29th March 1897
- Jack ReynoldsAston Villa, 7th of 8 caps
28 years, 1 month, 8 days
- Tommy CrawshawSheffield Wed, 6th of 10 caps
24 years, 3 months, 2 days
- Ernest NeedhamSheffield Utd, 4th of 16 caps
24 years, 2 months, 8 days
- GO SmithCorinthians, 9th of 20 caps
24 years, 4 months, 4 days (c)4th captaincy
- Frank BectonLiverpool, 2nd of 2 caps
23 years, 10 months, 18 days
- Alf MilwardEverton, 3rd of 4 caps
26 years, 6 months, 17 days
- James TrainerJames Trainer.
Born 7th Jan 1863, Wrexham.
- John MatthiasJohn Samuel Matthias.
Born 1878, Wrexham.
- Jim EdwardsJim Edwards.
Born 1874, England.
- Tom ChapmanTom Chapman.
Born 1871, Newtown.
- Jack MatesJack Mates.
Born 28th Feb 1870, Wales.
- Jack JonesJohn Leonard Jones.
Born 1869, Rhuddlan.
- Billy MeredithWilliam Henry Meredith.
Born 30th Jul 1874, Chick, Denbighshire.
- Joe DaviesJoseph Davies.
Born 1870, Chirk, Denbighshire.
- Grenville MorrisArthur Grenville Morris.
Born 13th Apr 1877, Builth Wells.
- Hugh MorrisHugh Morris.
Born 1872, Chirk.
- Billy LewisWilliam Lewis.
Born 1864, Bangor.
- Player MilestoneWilliam Foulke's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneHoward Spencer's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneFrank Becton's Last Cap
- Goal MilestoneErnest Needham's 1st Goal
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade (Strategic Book Publishing and Rights Co. 2013)
- Scotland Thomas Robertson
- No change in rank, gaining 2 ranking points to 2051 points England - 1st
- Wales - 3rd