Match No. 57 - Monday, 16th March 1896
- Tom Chapman
- Samuel JonesSamuel Jones.
Born 1807, Wales.
- Smart ArridgeSmart Atkinson Arridge.
Born 21st Jun 1872, Southwick, England.
- Charlie ParryCharles Frederick Parry.
Born 1870, Llansilin, Denbighshire.
- Joseph RogersJoseph Rogers.
Born 1862, Brymbo.
- Tom ChapmanTom Chapman.
Born 1871, Newtown.
- Jack JonesJohn Leonard Jones.
Born 1869, Rhuddlan.
- Billy MeredithWilliam Henry Meredith.
Born 30th Jul 1874, Chick, Denbighshire.
- Joe DaviesJoseph Davies.
Born 1870, Chirk, Denbighshire.
- Grenville MorrisArthur Grenville Morris.
Born 13th Apr 1877, Builth Wells.
- Hugh MorrisHugh Morris.
Born 1872, Chirk.
- Billy LewisWilliam Lewis.
Born 1864, Bangor.
- George RaikesOxford University, 3rd of 4 caps
23 years, 0 months, 2 days
- Jimmy CrabtreeAston Villa, 5th of 14 caps
24 years, 2 months, 24 days
- William OakleyCorinthians, 3rd of 16 caps
22 years, 10 months, 19 days
- Arthur HenfreyCorinthians, 4th of 5 caps
28 years, 2 months, 28 days
- Tommy CrawshawSheffield Wed, 3rd of 10 caps
23 years, 2 months, 20 days
- George KinseyDerby, 4th of 4 caps
29 years, 3 months, 19 days
- Billy BassettWBA, 15th of 16 caps
27 years, 1 month, 20 days
- Steve BloomerDerby, 4th of 23 caps
22 years, 1 month, 27 days
- GO SmithCorinthians, 6th of 20 caps
23 years, 3 months, 21 day
Centre Forward (c)1st captaincy
- John GoodallDerby, 12th of 14 caps
32 years, 8 months, 27 days
- Rupert SandilandsOld Westminsters, 5th of 5 caps
27 years, 7 months, 9 days
- Hat-Trick: Steve Bloomer1st hat-trick (12th overall). 35 minutes between first and third goals. Two more added in the last ten minutes for good measure.
- Player MilestoneGeorge Kinsey's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneRupert Sandilands' Last Cap
- Goal MilestoneSteve Bloomer, 25' - 200th goal scored by England
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade (Strategic Book Publishing and Rights Co. 2013)
- Scotland Thomas Robertson
- No change in rank, gaining 6 ranking points to 2072 points England - 1st
- Wales - 3rd