Match No. 58 - Saturday, 4th April 1896
- William Lambie, 22'
- Jack Bell, 33'
- Ned DoigJohn Edward Doig.
Born 29th Oct 1866, Arbroath.
- Jock DrummondJohn Drummond.
Born 13th Apr 1870, Alva.
- Tom BrandonThomas Brandon.
Born 26th Feb 1869, Kilbirnie.
- George HoggGeorge Hogg.
Born 2nd Dec 1869, West Calder.
- James CowanJames Cowan.
Born 17th Oct 1868, Jamestown.
- Neilly GibsonNeil Gibson.
Born 23rd Feb 1873, Larkhall.
- Alexander KingAlexander King.
Born 27th Jul 1871, Dykehead.
- William LambieWilliam Allan Lambie.
Born 10th Jan 1873, Glasgow.
- Tommy HyslopBryce Thomas Scouller.
Born 20th Aug 1871, Auchinleck.
- James BlessingtonJames Blessington.
Born 28th Feb 1874, Linlithgow.
- Jack BellJohn Bell.
Born 6th Oct 1869, Dumbarton.
- George RaikesOxford University, 4th of 4 caps
23 years, 0 months, 21 day
- Vaughan LodgeCorinthians, 5th of 5 caps
23 years, 3 months, 14 days
- Tommy CrawshawSheffield Wed, 4th of 10 caps
23 years, 3 months, 8 days
- Jimmy CrabtreeAston Villa, 6th of 14 caps
24 years, 3 months, 12 days
- John GoodallDerby, 13th of 14 caps
32 years, 9 months, 15 days
- GO SmithCorinthians, 7th of 20 caps
23 years, 4 months, 9 days (c)2nd captaincy
- Harry WoodWolves, 3rd of 3 caps
27 years, 9 months, 8 days
- Pinky BurnupCambridge Uni, Only Cap
20 years, 4 months, 13 days
- Attendance ReocedNew world record attendance.
- Player MilestoneGeorge Raikes' Last Cap
- Player MilestoneVaughan Lodge's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneArthur Henfrey's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneBilly Bassett's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneHarry Wood's Last Cap
- Player MilestonePinky Burnup's Only Cap
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade (Strategic Book Publishing and Rights Co. 2013)
- Wales Humphrey Percy Jones
- No change in rank, losing -23 ranking points to 2049 points England - 1st
- Scotland - 2nd