Match No. 43 - Monday, 6th April 1891
- Billy MoonOld Westminsters, 7th of 7 caps
22 years, 9 months, 9 days (c)1st captaincy
- Bob HowarthPreston NE, 4th of 5 caps
25 years, 9 months, 16 days
- Bob HolmesPreston NE, 2nd of 7 caps
23 years, 9 months, 13 days
- Albert SmithNotts Forest, 2nd of 3 caps
21 years, 8 months, 14 days
- Johnny HoltEverton, 3rd of 10 caps
25 years, 11 month, 26 days
- Alf SheltonNotts County, 5th of 6 caps
25 years, 6 months, 25 days
- John GoodallDerby, 6th of 14 caps
27 years, 9 months, 17 days
- Fred GearyEverton, 2nd of 2 caps
23 years, 2 months, 14 days
- Alf MilwardEverton, 2nd of 4 caps
20 years, 6 months, 24 days
- Frank Watt, 85'
- James WilsonJames Wilson.
Born 1866, Alexandria.
- Wattie ArnottWalter Arnott.
Born 12th May 1861, Govan.
- Bob SmellieRobert Smellie.
Born 15th Oct 1865.
- Isaac BegbieIsaac Begbie.
Born 4th Jun 1868, Edinburgh.
- John McPhersonJohn McPherson.
Born 19th Jun 1868, Kilmarknock.
Not to be confused with John McPherson (1875) nor John McPherson (1879-85).
- John HillJohn Hill.
Born 1860, Plains.
- Gilbert RankinGilbert Rankin.
Born 20th Mar 1870, Bonhill.
- Frank WattFrancis Watt.
Born 16th Feb 1866, Scotland.
- William SellarWilliam Sellar.
Born 21st Sep 1866.
- William BerryWilliam Hall Berry.
Born 20th Aug 1867, Glasgow.
- Davie BairdDavid Baird.
Born 4th Mar 1869, Edinburgh.
- Player MilestoneBilly Moon's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneFred Geary's Last Cap
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade (Strategic Book Publishing and Rights Co. 2013)
- Ireland William J Morrow
- No change in rank, gaining 17 ranking points to 2006 points England - 2nd
- Scotland - 1st