Match No. 37 - Saturday, 13th April 1889
- Billy MoonOld Westminsters, 4th of 7 caps
20 years, 9 months, 16 days
- Henry HammondOxford University, Only Cap
22 years, 4 months, 17 days
- Harry AllenWolves, 4th of 5 caps
23 years, 2 months, 25 days
- Jimmy ForrestBlackburn, 10th of 11 caps
24 years, 9 months, 19 days
- John GoodallPreston NE, 4th of 14 caps
25 years, 9 months, 24 days
- John BrodieWolves, 2nd of 3 caps
26 years, 7 months, 14 days
- David WeirBolton, 2nd of 2 caps
25 years, 10 months, 6 days
- Neil Munro, 55'
- Jimmy Oswald, 82'
- James McLaren, 90'
- James WilsonJames Wilson.
Born 1866, Alexandria.
- Wattie ArnottWalter Arnott.
Born 12th May 1861, Govan.
- Bob SmellieRobert Smellie.
Born 15th Oct 1865.
- Jimmy KellyJames Kelly.
Born 15th Oct 1865, Renton.
- Geordie DewarGeorge Dewar.
Born 20th Jul 1867, Dumbarton.
- James McLarenJames McLaren.
Date of birth unknown, Lugar.
- Jimmy OswaldJames Oswald.
Born 3rd Jan 1868, Greenock.
- William BerryWilliam Hall Berry.
Born 20th Aug 1867, Glasgow.
- Alex LattaAlex Latta.
Born 1st Sep 1867, Dumbarton.
- John McPhersonJohn McPherson.
Born 19th Jun 1868, Kilmarknock.
Not to be confused with John McPherson (1875) nor John McPherson (1879-85).
- Neil MunroNeil Munro.
Born 25th Jan 1868.
- Dsiputed GoalSome sources suggest that James Oswald's goal was an Own Goal by Harry Allen.
- Player MilestoneHenry Hammond's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneDavid Weir's Last Cap
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade (Strategic Book Publishing and Rights Co. 2013)
- Ireland John Sinclair
- No change in rank, losing -23 ranking points to 1966 points England - 2nd
- Scotland - 1st