Match No. 25 - Saturday, 21st March 1885
- Herby ArthurBlackburn, 3rd of 7 caps
22 years, 1 month, 7 days
- Norman BaileyClapham, 15th of 19 caps
27 years, 7 months, 29 days
Half Back (c)11th captaincy
- Jimmy ForrestBlackburn, 4th of 11 caps
20 years, 8 months, 27 days
- Andrew AmosOld Carthusians, 1st of 2 caps
21 years, 6 months, 1 day
- Joe LofthouseBlackburn, 3rd of 7 caps
19 years, 11 month, 7 days
- Thomas DanksNotts Forest, Only Cap
21 years, 9 months, 22 days
- Jimmy BrownBlackburn, 5th of 5 caps
22 years, 7 months, 21 day
- Nevill CobboldOld Carthusians, 4th of 9 caps
22 years, 1 month, 17 days
- Joseph Lindsay, 20'
- James McAulayJames McAulay.
Born 28th Aug 1860, Bonhill.
- Wattie ArnottWalter Arnott.
Born 12th May 1861, Govan.
- Michael PatonMichael Paton.
Date of birth unknown, Scotland.
- Charles CampbellCharles Campbell.
Born 1854, Coupar Angus.
- John GowJohn Gow.
Born 4th Oct 1859, Glasgow.
- Billy AndersonWilliam Anderson.
Born 1860, Glasgow.
- Alexander HamiltonAlexander Hamilton.
Born 24th Jul 1865, Scotland.
- William SellarWilliam Sellar.
Born 21st Sep 1866.
- Joseph LindsayJoseph Lindsay.
Born 13th Nov 1858, Dumbarton.
- David AllanDavid Steele Allan.
Born 30th Apr 1863, Irvine.
- Robert CalderwoodRobert Calderwood.
Born 1860, Scotland.
- Player MilestoneAndrew Amos' 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneThomas Danks' Only Cap
- Player MilestoneJimmy Brown's Last Cap
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade (Strategic Book Publishing and Rights Co. 2013)
- Ireland John Sinclair
- No change in rank, gaining 6 ranking points to 1895 points England - 2nd
- Scotland - 1st