Match No. 24 - Saturday, 14th March 1885
- Herby ArthurBlackburn, 2nd of 7 caps
22 years, 1 month, 0 days
- Harry MooreNotts County, 2nd of 2 caps
23 years, 8 months, 17 days
- Jimmy WardBlackburn Olympic, Only Cap
19 years, 11 month, 17 days
- Norman BaileyClapham, 14th of 19 caps
27 years, 7 months, 22 days
Half Back (c)10th captaincy
- Jimmy ForrestBlackburn, 3rd of 11 caps
20 years, 8 months, 20 days
- Joe LofthouseBlackburn, 2nd of 7 caps
19 years, 11 month, 0 days
- Kenny DavenportBolton, 1st of 2 caps
22 years, 11 month, 22 days
- Jimmy BrownBlackburn, 4th of 5 caps
22 years, 7 months, 14 days
- Clement MitchellUpton Park, 5th of 5 caps
23 years, 0 months, 22 days
- John DixonNotts County, Only Cap
23 years, 9 months, 18 days
- Job Wilding, 37'
- Robert Mills-RobertsDr. Robert Herbert Mills-Roberts.
Born 5th Aug 1862, Ffestiniog.
- Fred JonesFrederick Jones.
Born 1863, Wales.
- George ThomasGeorge Thomas.
Born 1857, Wales.
- Bob DaviesRobert Davies.
Born 1863, Cefn Mawr.
- Humphrey JonesHumphrey Percy Jones.
Born 7th Dec 1862, Bangor.
- John DaviesJohn Edward Davies.
Born 1862, Wales.
Not to be confused with John Price Davies born the same year.
- Thomas VaughanThomas Vaughan.
Born 1864, Wales.
- George FarmerGeorge Farmer.
Born 1863, Oswestry.
- Billy LewisWilliam Lewis.
Born 1864, Bangor.
- Tom BurkeThomas Burke.
Born 1863, Wrexham.
- Job WildingJob Wilding.
Born 1862, Wrexham.
- Player MilestoneHarry Moore's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneJimmy Ward's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneKenny Davenport's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneClement Mitchell's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneJohn Dixon's Only Cap
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade (Strategic Book Publishing and Rights Co. 2013)
- Welsh Football Data Archive
- Scotland Alexander Stuart
- No change in rank, losing -18 ranking points to 1889 points England - 2nd
- Wales - 3rd