Match No. 214 - Wednesday, 1st December 1937, 2:30pm
- Antonín Puč, 15'
- Oldřich Nejedlý, 44'
- Josef Zeman, 73'
- Oldřich Nejedlý, 80'
- Player Injury: MillsThe Times notes that "Mills was hurt early on and went out to the right wing; then he partially recovered and went back to his proper position." whilst the Sheffield Independent states "[Mills] was knocked dizzy through a collision in the first ten mintues, played part of the game at outside-right, and 80 minutes of it with one eye practically closed."
- Player Injury: CraystonThe Times: "When the teams came out after half-time Crayston, limping a little and obviously not able to go all out for the ball, was at outside-right and Hall dropped back to right half-back." Sheffiled Independent: "In addition, Crayston fell lame in the first half, and after the interval had to play at outside-right, with Hall at right-halfback. This meant Matthews playing the greater part of the game at inside-right..."
- Match InfoMany publications note that the game finished in almost near darkness.
- Hat-Trick: Stanley Matthews1st hat-trick (32nd overall). 53 minutes between first and third goals.
- Player MilestoneSam Barkas' Last Cap
- Player MilestoneJack Crayston's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneGeorge Mills' Last Cap
- Player MilestoneJackie Morton's Only Cap
- Goal MilestoneJackie Morton's 1st Goal
- Goal MilestoneStanley Matthews' 1st Goal
- The Times "Stern Challenge by Czechoslovakia", Thursday 2nd December 1937, Page 6
- Sheffield and Rotherham Independent "Czechs wipe out 4-2 lead but Matthews scores near time: Vistors' fine rally against crippled England side", Thursday 2nd December 1937, page 8.
- John Langenus
- England - 4th
- Czechoslovakia - 10th