Match No. 214 - Wednesday, 1st December 1937, 2:30pm
- Assist: Len Goulden. "...the ball went across to Goulden, who returned it for Crayston to drive a waist-high shot into the far corner of the net" Jack Crayston3rd of 3 goals. , 13'
- "[Morton] was put through cleverly, beat his man, and finished with a fine shot just out of Planicka's reach." Jackie MortonOnly Goal. , 20'
- "Matthews, with a brilliant long shot after Barkas had audaciously come through with the ball, made the score 3-1." Stanley Matthews4th of 11 goals. , 30'
- "12 minutes after the re-start, Matthews dribbled over to the left and sent in a lovely, left-footed rising drive which restored what looked a winning lead of two goals." Stanley Matthews5th of 11 goals. , 57'
- "...a shot by Matthews was deflected off a defender out of Planicka s reach." Stanley Matthews1st of 11 goals. , 83'
- Vic WoodleyChelsea, 7th of 19 caps
27 years, 9 months, 3 days
- Sam BarkasMan City, 5th of 5 caps
27 years, 11 month, 3 days (c)3rd captaincy
- Stan CullisWolves, 3rd of 12 caps
21 years, 1 month, 7 days
- Wilf CoppingArsenal, 16th of 20 caps
30 years, 3 months, 15 days
- Willie HallSpurs, 4th of 10 caps
25 years, 8 months, 20 days
- George MillsChelsea, 3rd of 3 caps
28 years, 11 month, 3 days
- Len GouldenWest Ham, 5th of 14 caps
25 years, 4 months, 16 days
- Antonín Puč, 15'
- Oldřich Nejedlý, 44'
- Josef Zeman, 73'
- Oldřich Nejedlý, 80'
- Frantiek PlánićkaFrantiek Plánićka.
Born 2nd Jun 1904, Prague.
- Josef KošťálekJosef Košťálek.
Born 31st Aug 1909, Kladno.
- Ferdinand DaučíkFerdinand Daučík.
Born 30th May 1910, Shahy.
- Antonín VodićkaAntonín Vodićka.
Born 1st Mar 1907, Vrsovice.
- Jaroslav BoučekJaroslav Bouček.
Born 13th Nov 1912, Cernosice.
- Karel KolskýKarel Kolský.
Born 21st Sep 1914, Krocehlavy.
- Jan ŘíhaJan Říha.
Born 11th Nov 1915, Pisek.
- Frantićek KlozFrantićek Kloz.
Born 19th May 1905, Mlekorsby.
- Josef ZemanJosef Zeman.
Born 23rd Jan 1915, Drunche.
- Oldřich NejedlýOldřich Nejedlý.
Born 26th Dec 1909, Zebrak.
- Antonín PučAntonín Puč.
Born 16th May 1907, Jinonice.
- Player Injury: MillsThe Times notes that "Mills was hurt early on and went out to the right wing; then he partially recovered and went back to his proper position." whilst the Sheffield Independent states "[Mills] was knocked dizzy through a collision in the first ten mintues, played part of the game at outside-right, and 80 minutes of it with one eye practically closed."
- Player Injury: CraystonThe Times: "When the teams came out after half-time Crayston, limping a little and obviously not able to go all out for the ball, was at outside-right and Hall dropped back to right half-back." Sheffiled Independent: "In addition, Crayston fell lame in the first half, and after the interval had to play at outside-right, with Hall at right-halfback. This meant Matthews playing the greater part of the game at inside-right..."
- Match InfoMany publications note that the game finished in almost near darkness.
- Hat-Trick: Stanley Matthews1st hat-trick (32nd overall). 53 minutes between first and third goals.
- Player MilestoneSam Barkas' Last Cap
- Player MilestoneJack Crayston's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneGeorge Mills' Last Cap
- Player MilestoneJackie Morton's Only Cap
- Goal MilestoneJackie Morton's 1st Goal
- Goal MilestoneStanley Matthews' 1st Goal
- The Times "Stern Challenge by Czechoslovakia", Thursday 2nd December 1937, Page 6
- Sheffield and Rotherham Independent "Czechs wipe out 4-2 lead but Matthews scores near time: Vistors' fine rally against crippled England side", Thursday 2nd December 1937, page 8.
- Belgium John Langenus
- No change in rank, gaining 5 ranking points to 1979 points England - 3rd
- Czechoslovakia - 10th