Match No. 213 - Wednesday, 17th November 1937
- "Once again Matthews beat his man and took the ball up to the goal line. This time he placed it gently into the goalmouth and followed it up, and whether he or Mills actually put in through is of little importance." Stanley Matthews2nd of 11 goals, 28'
- Assist: Eric Brook. "Goulden took the ball about half the length of the field, and then unluckily lost it at the moment he was about to shoot. It was not properly cleared, however, and went out to Brook. Brook returned it to Hall, and Hall from the inside-left position shot with a perfection of timing and placing." Willie Hall2nd of 9 goals, 57'
- Vic WoodleyChelsea, 6th of 19 caps
27 years, 8 months, 19 days
- Sam BarkasMan City, 4th of 5 caps
27 years, 10 months, 19 days (c)2nd captaincy
- Stan CullisWolves, 2nd of 12 caps
21 years, 0 months, 23 days
- Wilf CoppingArsenal, 15th of 20 caps
30 years, 3 months, 0 days
- Willie HallSpurs, 3rd of 10 caps
25 years, 8 months, 5 days
- George MillsChelsea, 2nd of 3 caps
28 years, 10 months, 19 days
- Len GouldenWest Ham, 4th of 14 caps
25 years, 4 months, 1 day
- Eric BrookMan City, 18th of 18 caps
29 years, 11 month, 20 days
- Eddie Perry, 16'
- Bert GrayAlbert Gray.
Born 23rd Sep 1900, Tredegar.
- Bert TurnerHerbert Gwyn Turner.
Born 19th Jun 1909, Caerphilly.
- Billie HughesWilliam Hughes.
Born 1865, Caernarfon.
- Jimmy MurphyJames Patrick Murphy.
Born 8th Aug 1910, Pentre.
- Harry HanfordHarold Hanford.
Born 9th Oct 1907, Blaengwynfi.
- Dai RichardsDavid Thomas Richards.
Born 31st Oct 1906, Abercanaid.
- Idris HopkinsIdris Morgan Hopkins.
Born 11th Oct 1910, Merthyr Tydfil.
- Leslie JonesLeslie Jenkin Jones.
Born 1st Jul 1911, Aberdare.
- Eddie PerryEdwin Perry.
Born 19th Jan 1909.
- Bryn JonesBrynmor Jones.
Born 14th Feb 1912, Merthyr Tydfil.
- Seymour MorrisSeymour Morris.
Born 15th Feb 1913, Ynyshir.
- Disputed Goal ScorerMost sources seem to credit Matthews rather than Mills.
- Player MilestoneEric Brook's Last Cap
- The Times "England beat Wales", Thursday 18th November 1937, Page 7
- Scotland Willie E Webb
- Up 1 place, gaining 10 ranking points to 1974 points England - 3rd - 1
- Wales - 10th