Match No. 180 - Wednesday, 9th December 1931
- Assist: Alf Strange. "Within two minutes Smith scored from a pass by Strange." Jack Smith3rd of 4 goals, 2'
- Assist: Sammy Crooks. "...good play by Smith and Crooks ended in a pass across the goalmouth from which Johnson scored." Tommy Johnson4th of 5 goals, <10'
- Assist: Dixie Dean. "...Smith got the third goal some time later with a hard shot after, a pass from Dean, the ball going through just under the bar." Jack Smith4th of 4 goals, 4?'
- Assist: Ellis Rimmer. "In the second half Crooks scored the first goal from a centre by Rimmer, lofting the ball over the goalkeeper's head." Sammy Crooks4th of 7 goals, 5?'
- Assist: Harry Betmead. "Crooks, once more playing with great determination, forced a number of corners, and then centred for Dean to head the ball through the goal." Dixie Dean18th of 18 goals, 68'
- Assist: Dixie Dean. "A free-kick for hands taken by Cooper took the ball once more to Dean in the goalmouth and he placed it back to the feet of Johnson, who shot through with a hard kick." Tommy Johnson5th of 5 goals, 76'
- Assist: Ellis Rimmer. "Crooks got the seventh goal, once more coming in to the centre to take a pass from the other wing." Sammy Crooks5th of 7 goals, <87'
- Harry HibbsBirmingham, 10th of 25 caps
25 years, 6 months, 13 days
- Tom CooperDerby, 10th of 15 caps
27 years, 11 month, 8 days
- Ernie BlenkinsopSheffield Wed, 21st of 26 caps
29 years, 7 months, 19 days (c)1st captaincy
- Alf StrangeSheffield Wed, 11th of 20 caps
31 years, 8 months, 7 days
- Charles GeeEverton, 2nd of 3 caps
22 years, 8 months, 3 days
- Sammy CrooksDerby, 11th of 26 caps
23 years, 10 months, 24 days
- Jack SmithPortsmouth, 3rd of 3 caps
33 years, 1 month, 12 days
- Dixie DeanEverton, 15th of 16 caps
24 years, 10 months, 18 days
- Ellis RimmerSheffield Wed, 4th of 4 caps
24 years, 11 month, 7 days
- Guillermo Gorostiza, 87'
- Ricardo ZamoraRicardo Zamora Martínez.
Born 21st Jan 1901, Barcelona.
- Ramón ZabaloRamón Zabalo Zubiaurre.
Born 10th Jun 1910, South Shields, England.
- Jacinto QuincocesJacinto Francisco Fernández de Quincoces y López de Arbina.
Born 17th Jul 1905, Barakaldo.
- Leonardo CilaurrenLeonardo Cilaurren Uriarte.
Born 5th Nov 1912, Basurto-Zorrotza.
- Francisco GamborenaFrancisco Gamborena Hernandorena.
Born 14th Mar 1901, Irun.
- Roberto Etxebarria ArrutiRoberto Etxebarria Arruti.
Born 6th May 1908, Eibar.
- Martí VentolràMartí Vantolrà i Fort.
Born 16th Dec 1906, Barcelona.
- LeoncitoAntonio León Amador.
Born 30th Aug 1909, Seville.
- José SamitierJosep Samitier Vilalta.
Born 2nd Feb 1902, Barcelona.
- Juan Hilario MarreroJuan Hilario Marrero Pérez.
Born 8th Dec 1905, Las Palmas.
- Guillermo GorostizaGuillermo Gorostiza Paredes.
Born 15th Feb 1909, Santurtzi.
- Match InfoStanley Rous and A. Carcer (President of the Spanish Referees' Association) were linesman for this match.
- Player MilestoneAussie Campbell's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneJack Smith's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneEllis Rimmer's Last Cap
- Goal MilestoneTommy Johnson, 76' - 550th goal scored by England
- The Times "England's victory over Spain", Thursday 10th December 1931, page 6.
- Fútbol en la Red futbol.sportec.es
- Germany Dr Peco Bauwens
- No change in rank, gaining 12 ranking points to 1989 points England - 4th
- Spain - 8th