Match No. 179 - Wednesday, 18th November 1931
- Assist: Alf Strange. "Strange got the ball from a free kick and passed to Smith, who took it on a few paces and shot a goal." Jack Smith2nd of 4 goals, 25'
- Assist: Cliff Bastin. "[Bastin] after five minutes he took a long pass from the right wing, returned the ball to the centre, and gave Crooks the chance to dash in and shoot past Gray as he came out." Sammy Crooks3rd of 7 goals, 50'
- Assist: Sammy Crooks. "Strange once more started an attack and Crooks took the ball down the field and then passed to Hine, who scored, the ball touching the goalkeeper's arm before going into the net." Ernie Hine4th of 7 goals, 65'
- Harry HibbsBirmingham, 9th of 25 caps
25 years, 5 months, 22 days
- Tom CooperDerby, 9th of 15 caps
27 years, 10 months, 17 days
- Alf StrangeSheffield Wed, 10th of 20 caps
31 years, 7 months, 16 days (c)3rd captaincy
- Charles GeeEverton, 1st of 3 caps
22 years, 7 months, 12 days
- Sammy CrooksDerby, 10th of 26 caps
23 years, 10 months, 2 days
- Jack SmithPortsmouth, 2nd of 3 caps
33 years, 0 months, 21 day
- Pongo WaringAston Villa, 4th of 5 caps
25 years, 1 month, 6 days
- Ernie HineLeicester, 6th of 6 caps
30 years, 7 months, 9 days
- Cliff BastinArsenal, 1st of 21 caps
19 years, 8 months, 4 days
- Walter Robbins <25'
- Bert GrayAlbert Gray.
Born 23rd Sep 1900, Tredegar.
- Ben WilliamsBenjamin David Williams.
Born 29th Oct 1900, Penrhiwceiber.
- Ben EllisBenjamin Ellis.
Born 11th Apr 1906, Aberbargoed.
- Charlie JonesCharles Jones.
Born 12th Dec 1899, Merthyr Tydfil.
- Tom GriffithsThomas Percival Griffiths.
Born 21st Feb 1906, Wrexham.
- Bob JohnRobert Frederick John.
Born 3rd Feb 1899, Barry.
- Charlie PhillipsCuthbert Phillips.
Born 23rd Jun 1910, Newport.
- Taffy O'CallaghanEugene O'Callaghan.
Born 6th Oct 1906, Ebbw Vale.
- Dai AstleyDavid John Astley.
Born 11th Oct 1909, Dowlais.
- Walter RobbinsWalter William Robbins.
Born 24th Nov 1910, Cardiff.
- Fred CookFrederick William Cook.
Born 2nd Jan 1902, Aberdare.
- Player MilestoneCharles Gee's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneErnie Hine's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneCliff Bastin's 1st Cap
- The Times "England beat Wales", Thursday 19th November 1931. Page 6.
- William Bunnell
- Up 1 place, gaining 6 ranking points to 1977 points England - 4th - 1
- Wales - 23rd