Match No. 181 - Saturday, 9th April 1932
- Corner from the left by Houghton, punched out by Hamilton only to Waring who took a touch with his head before getting "his foot to it again to put it through." Pongo Waring4th of 4 goals. , 36'
- Assist: Eric Houghton. From a Houghton cross Barclay recived the ball and took a shot which deflected off Craig to send Hamilton the wrong way. Bobby Barclay1st of 2 goals. , 80'
- Sammy Crooks6th of 7 goals. , 88'
- George ShawWBA, Only Cap
32 years, 5 months, 27 days
- Ernie BlenkinsopSheffield Wed, 22nd of 26 caps
29 years, 11 month, 19 days
Left Back (c)2nd captaincy
- Alf StrangeSheffield Wed, 12th of 20 caps
32 years, 0 months, 7 days
- Peter O'DowdChelsea, 1st of 3 caps
24 years, 1 month, 12 days
- Sam WeaverNewcastle Utd, 1st of 3 caps
23 years, 2 months, 1 day
- Sammy CrooksDerby, 12th of 26 caps
24 years, 2 months, 24 days
- Bobby BarclaySheffield Utd, 1st of 3 caps
25 years, 5 months, 13 days
- Pongo WaringAston Villa, 5th of 5 caps
25 years, 5 months, 28 days
- Tommy JohnsonEverton, 4th of 5 caps
31 years, 7 months, 21 day
- Eric HoughtonAston Villa, 6th of 7 caps
21 years, 9 months, 10 days
- Thomas HamiltonThomas Hamilton.
Born 1906, Renfrew.
- Jimmy CrapnellJames Scrymagour Crapnell.
Born 4th Jun 1903, Paisley.
- Joe NibloeJoseph Nibloe.
Born 23rd Nov 1903, Corkerhill.
- Colin McNabColin Duncan McNab.
Born 6th Apr 1902, Loudoun.
- Allan CraigAllan Leggat Craig.
Born 7th Feb 1904, Paisley.
- George BrownGeorge Clark Phillips Brown.
Born 7th Jan 1907, Glasgow.
- Sandy ArchibaldAlexander Archibald.
Born 23rd Nov 1896, Crossgates.
- James MarshallDr James Marshall.
Born 3rd Jan 1908, Avonbridge.
- Neil DewarNeil Hamilton Dewar.
Born 11th Nov 1908, Lochgilphead.
- Charlie NapierCharles Edward Napier.
Born 4th Aug 1905, Bainsford.
- Alan MortonAlan Lauder Morton.
Born 24th Apr 1893, Glasgow.
- Player MilestoneHarold Pearson's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneGeorge Shaw's Only Cap
- Player MilestonePeter O'Dowd's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneSam Weaver's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneBobby Barclay's 1st Cap
- Player MilestonePongo Waring's Last Cap
- Goal MilestoneBobby Barclay's 1st Goal
- Wembley - The Complete Record 1923 - 2000 by Glen Isherwood (Sports Books 2006)
- The Times "England's Victory", Monday 11th April 1932, Page 5
- Ireland Samuel Thompson
- Up 2 places, gaining 26 ranking points to 2015 points England - 2nd - 2
- Scotland - 6th