Match No. 178 - Saturday, 17th October 1931
- Jimmy Dunne 43'?
- Jimmy Kelly, 89'
- Alf GardinerAlfred Gardiner.
Born 6th Sep 1898.
- Sam RussellSamuel R. Russell.
Born 2nd Jan 1900, Downpatrick.
- Bertie FultonRobert Patrick Fulton.
Born 6th Nov 1906, Larne.
- Bob McDonaldRobert Logan McDonald.
Born 11th Aug 1902, Omagh.
- Jack JonesJohn Jones.
Born 3rd Apr 1907, Lurgan.
- Billy MitchellWilliam Mitchell.
Born 22nd Nov 1910, Lurgan.
- Jimmy ChambersRobert James Chambers.
Born 26th Jul 1908, Mullaghglass.
- Pat McConnellPatrick McConnell.
Born 5th Feb 1900, Rasharkin.
- Jimmy DunneJames Dunne.
Born 3rd Sep 1905, Dublin.
- Jimmy McCambridgeJames McCambridge.
Born 23rd Sep 1905, Larne.
- Jimmy KellyJames Kelly.
Born 1911, Ballybofey.
- Assist: Sammy Crooks. "An attack by Chambers and Dunne was beaten off, and then Crooks put over a fine centre from the right wing and Smith promptly scored." Jack Smith1st of 4 goals, 10'
- "A minute later Waring also kicked through..." Pongo Waring2nd of 4 goals, 11'
- "...Gardiner, after clearing well from Crooks, was beaten a third time by Hine." Ernie Hine3rd of 7 goals, 30'
- "A pass from Crooks paved the way for a fourth goal. When he centred a misunderstanding between Gardiner and Russell occurred ald Waring seized the opening, rushing up and kicking through." Pongo Waring3rd of 4 goals, 50'
- "Houghton added a fifth goal, a brilliant low drive, going well out of Gardiner's reach." Eric Houghton3rd of 5 goals, 60'
- "Though in complete control of the game during the last half-hour, England failed to score again until near the end, when Houghton increased the advantage with a sixth goal." Eric Houghton4th of 5 goals, 85'
- Harry HibbsBirmingham, 8th of 25 caps
25 years, 4 months, 21 day
- Roy GoodallHuddersfield, 17th of 25 caps
28 years, 9 months, 17 days (c)7th captaincy
- Alf StrangeSheffield Wed, 9th of 20 caps
31 years, 6 months, 15 days
- Tommy GrahamNotts Forest, 2nd of 2 caps
26 years, 7 months, 5 days
- Sammy CrooksDerby, 9th of 26 caps
23 years, 9 months, 1 day
- Jack SmithPortsmouth, 1st of 3 caps
32 years, 11 month, 20 days
- Pongo WaringAston Villa, 3rd of 5 caps
25 years, 0 months, 5 days
- Ernie HineLeicester, 5th of 6 caps
30 years, 6 months, 8 days
- Eric HoughtonAston Villa, 5th of 7 caps
21 years, 3 months, 18 days
- Player MilestoneTommy Graham's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneJack Smith's 1st Cap
- Goal MilestoneJack Smith's 1st Goal
- The Times "England beat Ireland. An easy victory in Belfast.", Monday 19th October 1931, page 6.
- Scotland Hugh Watson
- No change in rank, gaining 21 ranking points to 1971 points England - 5th
- Ireland - 24th