Match No. 175 - Saturday, 28th March 1931, 3:00pm
- Bob McPhail, 61'
- Jimmy McGrory, 64'
- John ThomsonJohn Thomson.
Born 28th Jan 1909, Kirkcaldy.
- Danny BlairDaniel Blair.
Born 2nd Feb 1905, Parkhead.
- Joe NibloeJoseph Nibloe.
Born 23rd Nov 1903, Corkerhill.
- Colin McNabColin Duncan McNab.
Born 6th Apr 1902, Loudoun.
- David MeiklejohnDavid Ditchburn Meiklejohn.
Born 12th Dec 1900, Govan.
- John MillerJohn Miller.
Born 1905, Glasgow.
- Sandy ArchibaldAlexander Archibald.
Born 23rd Nov 1896, Crossgates.
- George StevensonGeorge Stevenson.
Born 4th Apr 1905, Kilbirnie.
- Jimmy McGroryJames Edward McGrory.
Born 26th Apr 1904, Glasgow.
- Bob McPhailRobert Lowe McPhail.
Born 25th Oct 1905, Barrhead.
- Alan MortonAlan Lauder Morton.
Born 24th Apr 1893, Glasgow.
- Harry HibbsBirmingham, 7th of 25 caps
24 years, 10 months, 1 day
- Roy GoodallHuddersfield, 15th of 25 caps
28 years, 2 months, 28 days
Right Back (c)6th captaincy
- Ernie BlenkinsopSheffield Wed, 16th of 26 caps
28 years, 11 month, 8 days
- Alf StrangeSheffield Wed, 6th of 20 caps
30 years, 11 month, 26 days
- Aussie CampbellHuddersfield, 5th of 8 caps
29 years, 10 months, 23 days
- Sammy CrooksDerby, 6th of 26 caps
23 years, 2 months, 12 days
- Gordon HodgsonLiverpool, 3rd of 3 caps
26 years, 11 month, 12 days
- Dixie DeanEverton, 14th of 16 caps
24 years, 2 months, 6 days
- Harry BurgessSheffield Wed, 2nd of 4 caps
26 years, 7 months, 8 days
- Scotland First GoalDespite most online sources claiming that Stevenson score the first goal The Times is quite clear: "Morton placed his [corner] kick well and the ball came right over to Archibald, who shot hard.
The ball went straight along the ground to Hibbs, but it came so fiercely at him that he could not hold it.
It ran loose. Hibbs was on the ground, and McGrory, Stevenson, and McPhail each had a kick, McPhail touching it last just on the line."
- Attendance RecordThe new world record attendance of 129,810 eclipsed the 127,307 set on the same ground in 1912. The record lasted two years when in the same fixture and the same ground the attendance was recorded at 136,259.
- Player MilestoneHerbie Roberts' Only Cap
- Player MilestoneGordon Hodgson's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneJackie Crawford's Only Cap
- The Times "Scotland's Victory - Weak English Attack", Monday 30th March 1931, page 5
- Wales Alfred James Atwood
- Down 1 place, losing -22 ranking points to 1973 points England - 5th - 1
- Scotland - 3rd