Match No. 176 - Thursday, 14th May 1931
- Lucien Laurent, 15'
- Robico Mercier, 18'
- Marcel Langiller, 29'
- Edmond Delfour, 57'
- Robico Mercier, 76'
- Alexis ThépotAlexis Thépot.
Born 30th Jul 1906, Brest.
- Marcel CapelleMarcel Capelle.
Born 11th Dec 1904, Paris.
- Étienne MattlerÉtienne Mattler.
Born 25th Dec 1905, Belfort.
- Louis FinotLouis Finot.
Born 8th Jul 1909, Saint-Maur-des-Fossés.
- Joseph KaucsarJoseph Kaucsar.
Born 20th Jul 1904, Abeuth, Romania.
- Pierre HornusPierre Hornus.
Born 1st Feb 1908, Mulhouse.
- Ernest LibératiErnest Libérati.
Born 22nd Mar 1906, Oran, Algeria.
- Edmond DelfourMaurice Edmond Delfour.
Born 1st Nov 1907, Ris-Orangis.
- Robico MercierRobert Mercier.
Born 14th Oct 1909, Paris.
- Lucien LaurentLucien Laurent.
Born 10th Dec 1907, Saint-Maur-des-Fossés.
- Marcel LangillerMarcel Langiller.
Born 2nd Jun 1908, Paris.
- "England scored within 10 nminutes of the start, after Cooper had repelled a menacing French attack.
Crooks, on the right wing, finished a beautiful forward passing movement by shooting against the post, and the ball bounced into the net." Sammy Crooks2nd of 7 goals. , 10'
- "Waring eventually succeeded in getting through and beating Thepot with a good shot." Pongo Waring1st of 4 goals. , 71'
- Hugh TurnerHuddersfield, 1st of 2 caps
26 years, 9 months, 8 days
- Tom CooperDerby, 8th of 15 caps
27 years, 4 months, 13 days
- Ernie BlenkinsopSheffield Wed, 17th of 26 caps
29 years, 0 months, 24 days
- Alf StrangeSheffield Wed, 7th of 20 caps
31 years, 1 month, 12 days
Right Half (c)1st captaincy
- Tommy GrahamNotts Forest, 1st of 2 caps
26 years, 2 months, 2 days
- Joe TateAston Villa, 1st of 3 caps
26 years, 9 months, 10 days
- Sammy CrooksDerby, 7th of 26 caps
23 years, 3 months, 29 days
- George StephensonSheffield Wed, 3rd of 3 caps
30 years, 8 months, 11 day
- Pongo WaringAston Villa, 1st of 5 caps
24 years, 7 months, 2 days
- Harry BurgessSheffield Wed, 3rd of 4 caps
26 years, 8 months, 25 days
- Eric HoughtonAston Villa, 3rd of 7 caps
20 years, 10 months, 15 days
- Player MilestoneHugh Turner's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneTommy Graham's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneJoe Tate's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneGeorge Stephenson's Last Cap
- Player MilestonePongo Waring's 1st Cap
- Goal MilestonePongo Waring's 1st Goal
- Belgium John Langenus
- No change in rank, losing -30 ranking points to 1943 points England - 5th
- France - 31st