Match No. 14 - Saturday, 18th February 1882
- James HamiltonJames Henry Hamilton.
Born 1859, Belfast.
- John McAleryJohn McCredy McAlery.
Born 1849, Rathfriland.
- David RattrayDavid Rattray.
Date of birth unknown, Ireland.
- Donald MartinDonald Cargill Martin.
Born 1859, Ireland.
- Jack HastingsJohn Hastings.
Born 1858, Belfast.
- Jack SinclairJohn Sinclair.
Born 1856, Ireland.
- Billy McWhaWilliam Barrie Ritchie McWha.
Born 1860, Ireland.
- Jack DavisonDr. John Robert Davison.
Born 25th Apr 1860, Hunslet, Leeds.
- Sam JohnstonSamuel Johnston.
Born 18th Sep 1866, Belfast.
- Alex DillAlexander Harrison Dill.
Born 27th Jun 1863, Ballymoney.
- James BuckleJames Buckle.
Born 1854, Belfast.
- Howard Vaughton1st of 6 goals. , 3'
- Jimmy Brown1st of 3 goals. , 8'
- Arthur Brown1st of 4 goals. , 15'
- Charlie Bambridge6th of 11 goals. ,
- Harry Cursham1st of 5 goals. ,
- Jimmy Brown2nd of 3 goals. ,
- Howard Vaughton2nd of 6 goals. ,
- Arthur Brown2nd of 4 goals. ,
- Arthur Brown3rd of 4 goals. ,
- Arthur Brown4th of 4 goals. ,
- Howard Vaughton3rd of 6 goals. ,
- Howard Vaughton4th of 6 goals. ,
- Howard Vaughton5th of 6 goals. ,
- John RawlinsonCambridge Uni, Only Cap
21 years, 1 month, 28 days
- Alfred DobsonNotts County, 1st of 4 caps
22 years, 10 months, 21 day
- Fred HargreavesBlackburn, 3rd of 3 caps
23 years, 6 months, 2 days
- Robert KingOxford University, Only Cap
19 years, 10 months, 14 days
- Charlie BambridgeSwifts, 4th of 18 caps
23 years, 6 months, 19 days
Outside Right (c)1st captaincy
- Horace BarnetRoyal Engineers, Only Cap
25 years, 11 month, 12 days
- Arthur BrownAston Villa, 1st of 3 caps
22 years, 11 month, 3 days
- Jimmy BrownBlackburn, 2nd of 5 caps
19 years, 6 months, 18 days
- Howard VaughtonAston Villa, 1st of 5 caps
21 years, 1 month, 9 days
- Harry CurshamNotts County, 2nd of 8 caps
22 years, 2 months, 21 day
- Goal TimesThe sequence of goal times beyond the first 3 is unknown but we know at half-time England were 5-0 up.
- Disallowed GoalJames Buckle is reputed to have had a goal disallowed.
- UmpiresSamuel Sinclair (Ireland), William Peirce Dix (England)
- Hat-Trick: Arthur Brown1st hat-trick (1st overall). The first ever England hat-trick is actually 4 goals.
- Hat-Trick: Howard Vaughton1st hat-trick (2nd overall). The second England hat-trick suppasses the first with 5 goals (same match).
- Player MilestoneJohn Rawlinson's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneAlfred Dobson's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneDoctor Greenwood's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneFred Hargreaves' Last Cap
- Player MilestoneRobert King's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneHorace Barnet's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneArthur Brown's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneHoward Vaughton's 1st Cap
- Goal MilestoneHoward Vaughton's 1st Goal
- Goal MilestoneJimmy Brown's 1st Goal
- Goal MilestoneArthur Brown's 1st Goal
- Goal MilestoneHarry Cursham's 1st Goal
- The Times Monday 20th February 1882
- The Yorkshire Herald "England v Ireland,", Monday 20th February 1882, page 8.
- Ireland Robert M Kennedy
- No change in rank, gaining 3 ranking points to 1931 points England - 2nd
- Ireland - 4th