Match No. 1041 - Saturday, 10th December 2022, 7:00pm
- Assist: Bukayo Saka. "It was Saka who won the first penalty after a give-and-go with Bellingham, Tchouaméni stretching for the tackle but getting there too late. Saka was too quick [51:27]. Mbappé had a rather showy word with Lloris as Kane prepared himself, trying to spook the England captain. It did not work." Harry Kane53rd of 62 goals. Right-footed from 12 yards., 54' 53:26 (pen)
- Jordan PickfordEverton, 50th of 58 caps
28 years, 9 months, 3 days
- Kyle WalkerMan City, 73rd of 81 caps
32 years, 6 months, 13 days
- Luke ShawMan Utd, 28th of 31 caps
27 years, 4 months, 29 days
- Declan RiceWest Ham, 39th of 48 caps
23 years, 10 months, 27 days
- John StonesMan City, 64th of 69 caps
28 years, 6 months, 13 days
- Harry MaguireMan Utd, 53rd of 62 caps
29 years, 9 months, 5 days
Centre Back 89:01 "An irate Maguire is booked for elbowing Griezmann in the back of the neck."
- Jude BellinghamDortmund, 22nd of 27 caps
19 years, 5 months, 11 days
- Jordan HendersonLiverpool, 74th of 81 caps
32 years, 5 months, 23 days
- Harry KaneSpurs, 80th of 89 caps
29 years, 4 months, 13 days
Centre Forward (c)55th captaincy
- Bukayo SakaArsenal, 24th of 32 caps
21 years, 3 months, 5 days
- Phil FodenMan City, 22nd of 31 caps
22 years, 6 months, 13 days
- Mason MountChelsea, 36th of 36 caps
23 years, 11 months, 0 days
- Raheem SterlingChelsea, 82nd of 82 caps
28 years, 0 months, 2 days
- Marcus RashfordMan Utd, 51st of 59 caps
25 years, 1 months, 10 days
- Jack GrealishMan City, 29th of 35 caps
27 years, 3 months, 0 days
- "The breakthrough came when Griezmann laid off to Tchouaméni, who shot from distance with vicious swerve. Jordan Pickford had plenty of time to see it. As it headed to his right-hand corner he flung himself across. He was at full stretch but it was not enough." Aurélien Tchouaméni, 17'16:22
- "Giroud should have scored from a Dembélé nod-back – Pickford saved well – and then he did find the net from Griezmann’s wonderful cross, getting in between John Stones and Maguire to crash home." Olivier Giroud, 78'77:09
- Hugo LlorisHugo Hadrien Dominique Lloris.
Born 26th Dec 1986, Nice.
- Jules KoundéJules Olivier Koundé.
Born 12th Nov 1998, Paris, France.
- Theo HernandezThéo Bernard François Hernandez.
Born 6th Oct 1997, Marseille, France.
81:59 Booked for barging Mount in the back for the second penalty.
- Raphaël VaraneRaphaël Xavier Varane.
Born 25th Apr 1993, Lille.
- Dayot UpamecanoDayotchanculle Oswald Upamecano.
Born 27th Oct 1998, Évreux, France.
- Aurélien TchouaméniAurélien Djani Tchouaméni.
Born 27th Jan 2000, Rouen, France.
- Adrien RabiotAdrien Thibault Marie Rabiot.
Born 3rd Apr 1995, Saint-Maurice, France.
- Ousmane DembéléMasour Ousmane Dembélé.
Born 15th Mar 1997, Vernon.
45:59 "Dembele comes sliding in on Bellingham, and goes into the book as a result."
- Antoine GriezmannAntoine Griezmann.
Born 21st Mar 1991, Mâcon.
42:17 "Griezmann goes into the book for repeated fouling. The straw that broke the camel’s back: a cynical clip on Walker in the midfield."
- Kylian MbappéKylian Mbappé Lottin.
Born 20th Dec 1998, Paris.
- Olivier GiroudOlivier Jonathan Giroud.
Born 30th Sep 1986, Chambéry.
- Kingsley ComanKingsley Junior Coman.
Born 13th Jun 1996, Paris.
- Penalty: Harry Kane17th scored from 20 taken (85.0%). England's 140th overall. 54th minute. "It was Saka who won the first penalty after a give-and-go with Bellingham, Tchouaméni stretching for the tackle but getting there too late. Saka was too quick [51:27]. Mbappé had a rather showy word with Lloris as Kane prepared himself, trying to spook the England captain. It did not work [53:26]."
- Missed Penalty: Harry Kane4th miss from 21st taken (81.0%). England's 141st overall. 84th minute. "Mount is immediately into the thick of it, chasing a long pass down the inside-left channel. Hernandez comes across and barges him from the side … but also from the behind. Just inside the box [79:42]. VAR could be interested in this, you know! The referee goes over to have a look at the monitor … then comes back and points to the spot! [81:24] Hernandez is only booked [81:59], as Mount wasn’t in control of the ball and therefore no scoring opportunity was denied. England are furious France aren’t down to ten … but at least they’ve got a chance to save themselves! It’s Kane versus Lloris part two. An interminable, nerve-wracked wait. Here we go! Oh my! Kane puts his foot through the ball again … only to blaze wildly over the bar! [83:34] It’s not quite Waddle-esque … but it’s not that far off. Oh Harry."
- Player MilestoneJordan Pickford's 50th Cap
- englandstats.com Digital Archive
- BBC Football
- The Guardian "England out of World Cup after Harry Kane penalty miss against France"
- Brazil Wilton Sampaio
- Down 2 places, losing -28 ranking points to 1967 points England - 8th - 2
- France - 4th