Match No. 493 - Saturday, 24th May 1975, 3:00pm
- Assist: Mick Channon. "England's first goal...: Johnson laid the ball off quickly to Francis who exchanged passes with Channon and then beat Kennedy with a shot that swung inside the left hand post from 20 yards." Gerry Francis1st of 3 goals. Right-footed from 25 yards., 5' 4:51
- Assist: Kevin Keegan. "Two minutes later Francis began a movement which was continued by Ball's superbly volleyed pass forward to Keegan on the right. Beattie came in late for the centre and Kennedy was hopelessly out of position for his header." Kevin BeattieOnly Goal. Header from 12 yards., 7' 6:50
- Assist: Kevin Keegan. "...in the 40th minute an attack of seven passes (Bell - Francis - Channon - Francis - Keegan - Bell) ended with the Manchester City player taking full advantage of a somewhat lucky rebound to thump the ball past Kennedy's palsied right hand." Colin Bell9th of 9 goals. Right-footed from 20 yards., 42' 41:35
- Assist: Alan Ball. "Just past the hour Bell tapped a free-kick through Bell's legs to Francis, whose shot hit a defender and spun past Kennedy off the right-hand post..." Gerry Francis2nd of 3 goals. Right-footed from 25 yards., 65' 64:22
- Assist: David Watson. "...and sixteen minutes from the end, following another free-kick by Ball, Keegan headed against the bar, Watson shot against the post, and Johnson, finally, forced in England's fifth goal." David Johnson3rd of 6 goals. Left-footed from 5 yards., 74' 73:43
- Ray ClemenceLiverpool, 12th of 61 caps
26 years, 9 months, 19 days
- Colin BellMan City, 46th of 48 caps
29 years, 2 months, 26 days
- David WatsonSunderland, 14th of 65 caps
28 years, 7 months, 19 days
- Colin ToddDerby, 16th of 27 caps
26 years, 5 months, 12 days
- Alan BallArsenal, 72nd of 72 caps
30 years, 0 months, 12 days (c)6th captaincy
- Mick ChannonSouthampton, 27th of 46 caps
26 years, 5 months, 26 days
- Kevin KeeganLiverpool, 14th of 63 caps
24 years, 3 months, 10 days
- Dave ThomasQPR, 6th of 8 caps
24 years, 7 months, 19 days
- "Immediately after this referee Gloeckner decided that Todd had handled intentionally and Rioch, after halting in his run-up beat Clemence with a gentle penalty..." Bruce Rioch, 44'43:17 (pen)
- Stewert KennedyStewart Kennedy.
Born 31st Aug 1949, Stirling.
- Sandy JardineWilliam Pullar Jardine.
Born 31st Dec 1948, Edinburgh.
- Danny McGrainDaniel Fergus McGrain.
Born 1st May 1950, Glasgow.
- Frank MunroFrancis Michael Munro.
Born 25th Oct 1947, Broughty Ferry.
- Gordon McQueenGordon McQueen.
Born 26th Jun 1952, Kilbirnie.
- Bruce RiochBruce David Rioch.
Born 6th Sep 1947, Aldershot, England.
- Kenny DalglishSir Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish.
Born 4th Mar 1951, Glasgow.
- Alfie ConnAlfred James Conn Jr.
Born 5th Apr 1952, Kirkcaldy.
- Derek ParlaneDerek James Parlane.
Born 5th May 1953, Helensburgh.
- Ted MacDougallEdward John MacDougall.
Born 8th Jan 1947, Inverness.
- Arthur DuncanArthur Duncan.
Born 5th Dec 1947, Falkirk.
- Tommy HutchinsonThomas Hutchison.
Born 22nd Sep 1947, Cardenden.
- Lou MacariLuigi Macari.
Born 7th Jun 1949, Edinburgh.
- Player MilestoneAlan Ball's Last Cap
- Goal MilestoneGerry Francis' 1st Goal
- Goal MilestoneKevin Beattie's 1st Goal
- Wembley - The Complete Record 1923 - 2000 by Glen Isherwood (Sports Books 2006)
- England: The Complete Post-War Record by Mike Payne (Breedon Books Publishing Company 1993)
- East Germany Rudi Glockner
- No change in rank, gaining 21 ranking points to 1993 points England - 5th
- Scotland - 11th