Match No. 494 - Wednesday, 3rd September 1975
- Kudi Müller, 30'
- Erich BurgenerErich Burgener.
Born 15th Feb 1951, Raron.
- Jörg StohlerJörg Stohler.
Born 27th Aug 1949, Pratteln.
- Serge TrincheroSerge Trinchero.
Born 27th Aug 1949, Biella.
- Gilbert GuyotGilbert Guyot.
Born 4th Jul 1948, Lausanne.
- Pius FischbachPius Fischbach.
Date of birth unknown, Aarau.
- Hanspeter SchildHanspeter Schild.
Born 21st Apr 1950, Switzerland.
- René HaslerRené Hasler.
Born 18th Jun 1948, Lucerne.
- Bobo BotteronRené Botteron.
Born 17th Oct 1954, Glarus.
- Hans-Jörg PfisterHans-Jörg Pfister.
Born 4th May 1951, Biel.
- Kudi MüllerKurt Müller.
Born 9th May 1948, Lucerne.
- Daniel JeandupeuxDaniel Jeandupeux.
Born 7th Feb 1949, Saint-Imier.
- Rudolf ElsenerRudolf Elsener.
Born 18th Feb 1953, Zurich.
- Assist: Mick Channon. "In the eighth minute Keegan found Channon in space on the right with an excellent volleyed square pass, and Channon ran at Guyot, beat him for pace, and sent in a oblique shot that the goalkeeper could only push out to the incoming Keegan, who scored simly. Kevin Keegan4th of 21 goals, 8'
- Assist: David Johnson. "After 19 minutes Hasler tamely surrendered the ball to Johnson in his own half; once more Channon was given an inordinate amount of room on the right and this time his shot was too much for the goalkeeper." Mick Channon9th of 21 goals, 19'
- Ray ClemenceLiverpool, 13th of 61 caps
27 years, 0 months, 29 days
- Colin ToddDerby, 17th of 27 caps
26 years, 8 months, 22 days
- David WatsonMan City, 15th of 65 caps
28 years, 10 months, 29 days
- Colin BellMan City, 47th of 48 caps
29 years, 6 months, 5 days
- Tony CurrieSheffield Utd, 7th of 17 caps
25 years, 8 months, 2 days
- Gerry FrancisQPR, 5th of 12 caps
23 years, 8 months, 28 days (c)1st captaincy
- Mick ChannonSouthampton, 28th of 46 caps
26 years, 9 months, 5 days
- David JohnsonIpswich, 3rd of 8 caps
23 years, 10 months, 11 day
- Kevin KeeganLiverpool, 15th of 63 caps
24 years, 6 months, 17 days
- Missed Penalty: Kevin Keegan1st miss from 1st taken (0.0%). England's 57th overall. "...when Bell sent Johnson haring into the penalty area Burgener brought down the Ipswich player to give Keegan the chance of more or less settling the game after only 12 minutes. Burgener, diving hard to his right, pushed aside a kick that was firmly struck, though high enough to bring about the possibility of a save."
- England: The Complete Post-War Record by Mike Payne (Breedon Books Publishing Company 1993)
- The Guardian "Clemence's error checks England", Thursday, 4th September 1975, page 19.
- West Germany Walter Eschweiler
- No change in rank, gaining 5 ranking points to 1998 points England - 5th
- Switzerland - 33rd