Match No. 45 - Saturday, 5th March 1892, 4:00pm
- John ClugstonWilliam John Clugston.
Born 11th Aug 1869, Belfast.
- Willie GordonRobert William Willis Gordon.
Born 28th Feb 1871, Belfast.
Brother of Hugh and Tom Gordon. (c)
- Robert StewartRobert Kennedy Stewart.
Born 15th Aug 1868.
- Thanny McKeownNathaniel McKeown.
Born 9th Sep 1868.
- Sammy SpencerSamuel Spencer.
Date of birth unknown.
- Bill CunninghamWilliam R. Cunningham.
Date of birth unknown.
- William DaltonWilliam Boyd Dalton.
Born 16th Mar 1870, Belfast.
- George GaffikinGeorge John Gaffikin.
Born 17th Jun 1868, Belfast.
- Olphie StanfieldOlphert Martin Stanfield.
Born 26th Feb 1869, Corcreaney.
- Sam TorransSamuel Torrans.
Born 27th Oct 1869, Belfast.
- John PedenJohn Peden.
Born 12th Jul 1863, Maze, Lisburn.
- Bill RowleyStoke City, 2nd of 2 caps
26 years, 3 months, 23 days
- Tommy ClareStoke City, 2nd of 4 caps
26 years, 11 month, 24 days
- Alf UnderwoodStoke City, 2nd of 2 caps
22 years, 9 months, 4 days
- John CoxDerby, Only Cap
21 years, 2 months, 5 days
- Johnny HoltEverton, 4th of 10 caps
26 years, 10 months, 25 days
- Jack DeveyAston Villa, 1st of 2 caps
25 years, 2 months, 10 days
- Harry DaftNotts County, 5th of 5 caps
25 years, 11 month, 0 days (c)1st captaincy
- Team SelectionThe FA, for the third time, drew up two teams that played matches simultaneously. The amateurs played Wales, the professionals played Ireland.
- Player Injury"[During the first half,] Pedan, the Irish outside left forward, and a tower of strength to his side, got his leg hurt in a collision with Holt, and had to be carried from the field." Ireland played the rest of the match with 10 men.
- Missed PenaltySam Torrens had a penalty kick saved by Bill Rowley in the dying minutes of the game.
- Player MilestoneBill Rowley's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneAlf Underwood's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneJohn Cox's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneMichael Whitham's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneCharlie Athersmith's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneJackie Pearson's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneJack Devey's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneHarry Daft's Last Cap
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade (Strategic Book Publishing and Rights Co. 2013)
- Scotland Robert F Harrison
- No change in rank, gaining 4 ranking points to 2012 points England - 2nd
- Ireland - 3rd