Match No. 358 - Sunday, 20th May 1962
- Rodolfo BazánRodolfo Bazán.
Born 14th Dec 1938, Lima.
- Willy FlemingGuillermo Fleming.
- Adolfo DonayreAdolfo Donayre Jiménez.
Born 10th Dec 1933, Ica, Peru.
- Rodolfo GuzmánRodolfo Guzmán.
- Juan de la VegaJuan de la Vega.
- Manuel GrimaldoManuel Grimaldo.
- Víctor ZegarraAlejandro Víctor Zegarra Salé.
Born 18th Mar 1940, Chincha.
- Nicolas NieriNicolás Benito Nieri Bazán.
Date of birth unknown.
- Hugo LobatonHugo Lobatón Gálvez.
- Alejandro ZevallosAlejandro Zevallos.
- Óscar MontalvoÓscar Montalvo Finetti.
Born 20th Mar 1937, Pimentel District.
- Nemesio MosqueraNemesio Mosquera.
Born 19th Dec 1936, Peru.
- Humberto ArguedasHumberto Arguedas.
Born 31st Oct 1937, Lobitos, Peru.
- Assist: Jimmy Greaves. "In the fifteenth minute, England went ahead after Guzman had pushed Greaves inside the area. Flowers made no mistake from the penalty kick." Ron Flowers7th of 10 goals, 15' (pen)
- Assist: Bobby Charlton. "England...scored a second goal after 25 minutes. Charlton beat Fleming and centred for Greaves, who stabbed the ball over the line." Jimmy Greaves17th of 44 goals, 25'
- Assist: Johnny Haynes. "Greaves scored England's third goal after 39 minutes...The first followed a long passs from Haynes..." Jimmy Greaves18th of 44 goals, 39'
- "Greaves scored...their fourth two minutes later...the result of a splendid movement on the right wing."
Jimmy Greaves19th of 44 goals, 41'
- Ron SpringettSheffield Wed, 21st of 33 caps
26 years, 9 months, 29 days
- Ray WilsonHuddersfield, 11th of 63 caps
27 years, 5 months, 3 days
- Bobby MooreWest Ham, 1st of 108 caps
21 years, 1 month, 8 days
- Ron FlowersWolves, 32nd of 49 caps
27 years, 9 months, 23 days
- Bryan DouglasBlackburn, 29th of 36 caps
27 years, 11 month, 24 days
- Johnny HaynesFulham, 52nd of 56 caps
27 years, 7 months, 3 days (c)18th captaincy
- Missed Penalty: Óscar Montalvo"In the fifty-first minute Peru were awarded a penalty for an alleged foul by Armfield on Mosquera, but Montalvo shot straight at Springett, who saved comfortably."
- Penalty: Ron Flowers3rd scored from 3 taken (100.0%). England's 41st overall. "In the fifteenth minute, England went ahead after Guzman had pushed Greaves inside the area. Flowers made no mistake from the penalty kick."
- Hat-Trick: Jimmy Greaves3rd hat-trick (53rd overall).
- Player MilestoneJimmy Armfield's 25th Cap
- Player MilestoneBobby Moore's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneMaurice Norman's 1st Cap
- England: The Complete Post-War Record by Mike Payne (Breedon Books Publishing Company 1993)
- The Guardian "England outwit Peru", Monday 21st Amy 1962, page 12.
- Austria Erwin Hieger
- No change in rank, gaining 12 ranking points to 1936 points England - 8th
- Peru - 29th