Match No. 358 - Sunday, 20th May 1962
- Rodolfo BazánRodolfo Bazán.
Born 14th Dec 1938, Lima.
- Willy FlemingGuillermo Fleming.
- Adolfo DonayreAdolfo Donayre Jiménez.
Born 10th Dec 1933, Ica, Peru.
- Rodolfo GuzmánRodolfo Guzmán.
- Juan de la VegaJuan de la Vega.
- Manuel GrimaldoManuel Grimaldo.
- Víctor ZegarraAlejandro Víctor Zegarra Salé.
Born 18th Mar 1940, Chincha.
- Nicolas NieriNicolás Benito Nieri Bazán.
Date of birth unknown.
- Hugo LobatonHugo Lobatón Gálvez.
- Alejandro ZevallosAlejandro Zevallos.
- Óscar MontalvoÓscar Montalvo Finetti.
Born 20th Mar 1937, Pimentel District.
- Nemesio MosqueraNemesio Mosquera.
Born 19th Dec 1936, Peru.
- Humberto ArguedasHumberto Arguedas.
Born 31st Oct 1937, Lobitos, Peru.
- Assist: Jimmy Greaves. "In the fifteenth minute, England went ahead after Guzman had pushed Greaves inside the area. Flowers made no mistake from the penalty kick." Ron Flowers7th of 10 goals. , 15' (pen)
- Assist: Bobby Charlton. "England...scored a second goal after 25 minutes. Charlton beat Fleming and centred for Greaves, who stabbed the ball over the line." Jimmy Greaves17th of 44 goals. , 25'
- Assist: Johnny Haynes. "Greaves scored England's third goal after 39 minutes...The first followed a long passs from Haynes..." Jimmy Greaves18th of 44 goals. , 39'
- "Greaves scored...their fourth two minutes later...the result of a splendid movement on the right wing." Jimmy Greaves19th of 44 goals. , 41'
- Ron SpringettSheffield Wed, 21st of 33 caps
26 years, 9 months, 29 days
- Ray WilsonHuddersfield, 11th of 63 caps
27 years, 5 months, 3 days
- Bobby MooreWest Ham, 1st of 108 caps
21 years, 1 month, 8 days
- Ron FlowersWolves, 32nd of 49 caps
27 years, 9 months, 23 days
- Bryan DouglasBlackburn, 29th of 36 caps
27 years, 11 month, 24 days
- Johnny HaynesFulham, 52nd of 56 caps
27 years, 7 months, 3 days (c)18th captaincy
- Missed Penalty: Óscar Montalvo"In the fifty-first minute Peru were awarded a penalty for an alleged foul by Armfield on Mosquera, but Montalvo shot straight at Springett, who saved comfortably."
- Penalty: Ron Flowers3rd scored from 3 taken (100.0%). England's 41st overall. "In the fifteenth minute, England went ahead after Guzman had pushed Greaves inside the area. Flowers made no mistake from the penalty kick."
- Hat-Trick: Jimmy Greaves3rd hat-trick (53rd overall).
- Player MilestoneJimmy Armfield's 25th Cap
- Player MilestoneBobby Moore's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneMaurice Norman's 1st Cap
- England: The Complete Post-War Record by Mike Payne (Breedon Books Publishing Company 1993)
- The Guardian "England outwit Peru", Monday 21st Amy 1962, page 12.
- Austria Erwin Hieger
- No change in rank, gaining 12 ranking points to 1936 points England - 8th
- Peru - 29th