Match No. 33 - Saturday, 17th March 1888
- John LindsayJohn Lindsay.
Born 1862, Renton.
- Wattie ArnottWalter Arnott.
Born 12th May 1861, Govan.
- Donald GowDonald Robertson Gow.
Born 8th Feb 1868, Blair Atholl.
- Jimmy KellyJames Kelly.
Born 15th Oct 1865, Renton.
- Leitch KeirLeitch Keir.
Born 22nd Jun 1861, Alloa.
- Bob KelsoRobert Robison Kelso.
Born 2nd Oct 1865, Cardross.
- Alexander HamiltonAlexander Hamilton.
Born 24th Jul 1865, Scotland.
- William BerryWilliam Hall Berry.
Born 20th Aug 1867, Glasgow.
- William SellarWilliam Sellar.
Born 21st Sep 1866.
- James McCallJames McCall.
Born 2nd Mar 1865, Renton.
- John LambieJohn Alexander Lambie.
Born 18th Dec 1868, Glasgow.
- Billy MoonOld Westminsters, 2nd of 7 caps
19 years, 8 months, 20 days
- Bob HowarthPreston NE, 3rd of 5 caps
22 years, 8 months, 27 days
- George HaworthAccrington FC, 4th of 5 caps
23 years, 5 months, 0 days
- Harry AllenWolves, 2nd of 5 caps
22 years, 1 month, 29 days
- Cecil WhiteCorinthians, 2nd of 2 caps
27 years, 4 months, 14 days
- George WoodhallWBA, 2nd of 2 caps
24 years, 6 months, 12 days
- John GoodallPreston NE, 2nd of 14 caps
24 years, 8 months, 28 days
- Tinsley LindleyNotts Forest, 8th of 13 caps
22 years, 4 months, 21 day
Centre Forward (c)1st captaincy
- Fred DewhurstPreston NE, 7th of 9 caps
24 years, 3 months, 1 day
- Dennis HodgettsAston Villa, 2nd of 6 caps
24 years, 3 months, 19 days
- Player MilestoneCecil White's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneGeorge Woodhall's Last Cap
- Goal MilestoneTinsley Lindley's 10th Goal
- Goal MilestoneDennis Hodgetts' 1st Goal
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade (Strategic Book Publishing and Rights Co. 2013)
- Ireland John Sinclair
- No change in rank, gaining 67 ranking points to 1984 points England - 2nd
- Scotland - 1st