Match No. 32 - Saturday, 4th February 1888
- Jack Doughty, 17'
- Robert Mills-RobertsDr. Robert Herbert Mills-Roberts.
Born 5th Aug 1862, Ffestiniog.
- Alfred DaviesAlfred Owen Davies.
Born 1863, Wales.
- Bob RobertsRobert Roberts.
Born 1864, Penycae.
- Jack PowellJohn Powell.
Born 25th Mar 1860, Ffrwd.
- Peter GriffithsPeter Griffiths.
Born 1862, Wales.
- Joe DaviesJoseph E. Davies.
Born 12th Jul 1864, Cefn Mawr.
- John ChallenJohn Bonamy Challen.
Born 23rd Mar 1863, Ruthin.
- Jack DoughtyJohn Doughty.
Born 1865, Bilston, England.
- Billy LewisWilliam Lewis.
Born 1864, Bangor.
- William Pryce-JonesWilliam Pryce-Jones.
Born 29th Dec 1867, Wales.
- Billy OwenWilliam Owen.
Born 1862, Wales.
- "Good defence was shown by Davies and Mills-Roberts, but the latter was eventually beaten by a shot by Dewhurst, who scored the first goal." Fred Dewhurst6th of 11 goals. , 15'
- "Some time elapsed [in the second half] before Dewhurst secured a second goal for England." Fred Dewhurst7th of 11 goals. , 65'
- "A long shot by Woodhall soon gave them a third." George WoodhallOnly Goal. , 70'
- "Lindley finished up a lengthy run by scoring a fourth goal..." Tinsley Lindley9th of 14 goals. , 75'
- "...and Goodall added a fifth." John Goodall1st of 12 goals. , 88'
- Billy MoonOld Westminsters, 1st of 7 caps
19 years, 7 months, 7 days
- Bob HowarthPreston NE, 2nd of 5 caps
22 years, 7 months, 14 days
- Harry AllenWolves, 1st of 5 caps
22 years, 0 months, 16 days
- Cecil WhiteCorinthians, 1st of 2 caps
27 years, 3 months, 1 day
- John GoodallPreston NE, 1st of 14 caps
24 years, 7 months, 15 days
- Fred DewhurstPreston NE, 6th of 9 caps
24 years, 1 month, 19 days
- Match InfoThe first match to be selected by the new 7 man FA Select Committee.
- Match InfoOriginally due to be played at Wrexham's Racecourse Ground. The match was switched to Crewe at the last minute for reasons unknown. For the record it is described as a Wales home match.
- Disputed CaptainTinsley Lindley is the most plausible candidate.
- Player MilestoneBilly Moon's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneFrank Saunders' Only Cap
- Player MilestoneHarry Allen's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneCecil White's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneGeorge Woodhall's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneJohn Goodall's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneDennis Hodgetts' 1st Cap
- Goal MilestoneGeorge Woodhall's 1st Goal
- Goal MilestoneJohn Goodall's 1st Goal
- Goal MilestoneGeorge Woodhall, 70' - 100th goal scored by England
- The Times "Sporting Intelligence", Monday 6th February 1888
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade (Strategic Book Publishing and Rights Co. 2013)
- Welsh Football Data Archive
- Ireland John Sinclair
- No change in rank, gaining 4 ranking points to 1917 points England - 2nd
- Wales - 3rd