Match No. 220 - Wednesday, 26th October 1938
- Assist: Stanley Matthews. "From [a Matthews] pass, Hall shot high and hard into the far corner of the net." Willie Hall3rd of 9 goals, 20'
- Assist: Stanley Matthews. "[From a corner] Matthews kick was partially cleared by Rava, but the ball came back to Lawton...who was able to beat Olivieri from close range." Tommy Lawton2nd of 22 goals, 39'
- "Goulden, who had just had a grand shot saved grandly by Olivieri at the expense of a corner, got in another drive, which, this time, beat the best effort that even Olivieri could make." Len Goulden3rd of 4 goals, 73'
- Vic WoodleyChelsea, 13th of 19 caps
28 years, 8 months, 0 days
- Eddie HapgoodArsenal, 25th of 30 caps
30 years, 1 month, 2 days (c)16th captaincy
- Ken WillinghamHuddersfield, 7th of 12 caps
25 years, 10 months, 25 days
- Stan CullisWolves, 6th of 12 caps
22 years, 0 months, 1 day
- Wilf CoppingArsenal, 19th of 20 caps
31 years, 2 months, 9 days
- Willie HallSpurs, 6th of 10 caps
26 years, 7 months, 14 days
- Tommy LawtonEverton, 2nd of 23 caps
19 years, 0 months, 20 days
- Len GouldenWest Ham, 10th of 14 caps
26 years, 3 months, 10 days
- Wally BoyesEverton, 3rd of 3 caps
25 years, 9 months, 21 day
- Aldo OlivieriAldo Olivieri.
Born 2nd Oct 1910, Verona.
- Alfredo FoniAlfredo Foni.
Born 20th Jan 1911, Udine.
- Pietro RavaPietro Rava.
Born 21st Jan 1916, Cassine.
- Andreas KupferAndreas Kupfer.
Born 7th May 1914, Schweinfurt.
- Michele AndreoloMiguel Ángel Andriolo Frodella.
Born 6th Sep 1912, Dolores, Uruguay.
- Albin KitzingerAlbin Kitzinger.
Born 1st Feb 1912, Schweinfurt.
- Alfred AstonAlfred Aston.
Born 16th May 1912, Chantilly.
- Raymond BraineRaymond Ernest Michel Braine.
- Silvio PiolaSilvio Piola.
Born 23rd Sep 1913, Robbio.
- Gyula Zsengellér Gyula Zsengellér.
Born 27th Dec 1915, Cegled.
- Arne BrustadArne Brustad.
Born 14th Apr 1912, Oslo.
- Match InfoMatch to celebrate the 75th Anniversary of the FA.
- Controversial MatchThe match was declared official by the FA and caps were awarded. FIFA took a different stance in 2001 when they retrospectively declared the match unofficial on the grounds that only individual countries can play international matches. However, FIFA allowed caps to still stand, confusing the issue further. The FA still maintain that the match is official and we believe this makes more sense despite FIFA's retro-downgrading.
- Player MilestoneEddie Hapgood's 25th Cap
- Player MilestoneWally Boyes' Last Cap
- The Times "England beat Rest of Europe", Thrusday 27th October 1938, Page 7
- British Pathe Newsreel England v Rest of Europe at Highbury, Canister: 38/86, Film ID: 987.16
- England Committee
- The Rest of Europe Vittorio Pozzo (Italy)
- Arthur James Jewell
- No change in rank, with no loss of ranking points to 1927 points England - 7th
- The Rest of Europe - 0th